Help anyone with advice

lbush1977
on 9/20/13 11:54 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

Is there anything besides gas x we can do for the gas. I work in a hospital and since i have returned to work my goodness it has been bad. not the smell i can deal with that but the amount. I cant just whip into the bathroom any whip stitch and let er rip. can we or has anyone tried beano? does it seem to help? thanks to everyone

LadyLilMax
on 9/20/13 12:03 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I have never been able to use beano because it warns that people allergic to penicillin cannot use beano, so unable to address that issue.

Are you chewing your food really, really well and taking at least 15-20 mins to eat?  Not trying to be insulting but I find if I don't chew well or don't eat slowly, it increases my gas.

Someone on here has suggested bending over as if you are going to tie your shoe and they say the urge disappears.

If it is that bad, maybe a tums once in a while?  

Sorry, wish I had better suggestions.  If you find any good ones, share it with us, ok????

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

cajungirl
on 9/20/13 1:18 pm
What are you eating? Are you doing lots of dairy or milk? Protein powder?

Could be something specific you are eating. Try an elimination diet and see if you can find the culprit.

Maybe try semythicone drops for babies.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

jenorama
on 9/21/13 4:34 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I've seen Devrom suggested on this board for help with gas.  I haven't used it, so I'm not certain if it is supposed to help with the actual gas formation and um...expression or if it's supposed to help with the odor.  On the other hand, if it doesn't smell bad, use them as an opportunity to exercise your glutes and practice crop dusting the halls!  :D

Jen

PetHairMagnet
on 9/22/13 11:30 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I have not had any gas issues post-op, so I can't tell you from a first person experience, but my husband is a fartasaurus and he uses it and it does help! But you have to really stay on top of taking it according to package directions. We bought a big bottle and a travel bottle, he carries that travel bottle everywhere and refills it every other day or so. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics