lab question

Rita180
on 9/26/13 9:58 pm - colorado springs, CO

I had my 6 month lab work done and here are my resuts . I don't take ant Ion supplements I was told my Ion count is to high as it is.D 48 B12 + Folate  Serum 871 Folate >20.00 calcium 9.8 Protein 7.2 Ion 82 and Feritin 351

I take 2 multi vitamins per day one in the morning and one at night

2 citra cal chewables per day one in the morning and one at night

1 nexium at night

my multivitamin has no ion in it                                                                                                                                                                I used to take med formin and BP meds 2x per day but I bdont have to take that anymore my AC! is at 5 now

I keep reading about Ion and Protein so I was wondering if my levels are good. Thanks in advance for any info    Marita

poet_kelly
on 9/26/13 10:07 pm - OH

Your protein level is great.

Citracal chewables - are they the gummies?  Those are tricalcium phosphate, which we can't absorb.  We need calcium citrate, and we need 1500 to 2000 mg a day, and people can only absorb about 500 mg at a time, so we need to take it three or four times a day.

Your iron level is fine.  It's not too high.  Your ferritin is unusually high but not dangerously high, in my opinion.

Your B12 and folate are fine.

Your vitamin D is low - according to the Linus Pauling Institute it needs to be at least 80.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Rita180
on 9/30/13 3:44 am, edited 9/30/13 3:47 am - colorado springs, CO

I used to take the gummies but went to the soft chews my Nut said they are ok and to take 2 per day

Citra Cal Soft Chews

calories 15

sodium 10mg

poet_kelly
on 9/30/13 3:47 am - OH

Ah, I looked them up.  I didn't realize Citracal had started making soft chews.  They are calcium carbonate, though, which RNY patients can't absorb and that can also sometimes cause kidney stones.  That may be OK with your nutritionist but is it OK with you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Rita180
on 9/30/13 4:00 am - colorado springs, CO

I did not know that I will check again, the thought of kidney stones is not what i want thanks for the info

Most Active
Recent Topics