How much pizza can you eat now?

KeyMartinez
on 10/2/13 11:10 pm

I know.. I am sure the thought of pizza is a HUGE no no, however, I live in the real world and pizza happens from time to time. I am curious, how much pizza can you eat after having the surgery??

Keysha    

Day_dream_believer
on 10/2/13 11:21 pm, edited 10/2/13 11:21 pm

It is not a question of how much I can eat, but how much I allow myself to eat.  I avoid pizza because it is high in fat and calories.  Every now and then I will eat 1/4 of a slice so I can get the taste.  Some will say that is enough to get rid of the craving.  It isn't for me.  I love pizza and could eat several slices if I let myself. 

If you want pizza then I would suggest eating 1 slice and then eating a salad with it rather than eating an entire meal of pizza. I would only do that after I am done losing.  

Edited to add...

I am 2.5 years out so I can eat a lot more than a new post op. I didn't eat it my first year so I don't know how much I could eat.  The one time I tried it at 4 months out it made me sick.  It had way too much fat and grease. 

Washu
on 10/4/13 2:38 am
Karens62
on 10/2/13 11:23 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
I am 7 months out and we do occassionally have pizza. We get one thats heavy with veggies and pepperoni and then i scrape the toppings off of one slice and eat just that. I havent tried the crust yet. Besides, the toppings are the best part.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Nikke2003
on 10/2/13 11:27 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

If I crave pizza I put some pepperoni on a plate, put some mozzarella cheese on top of it and then throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds. High protein, low carbs, does the trick!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

tdbull
on 10/3/13 9:54 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Love this idea. Thank You!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

poet_kelly
on 10/2/13 11:53 pm - OH

The thought of pizza is not a huge no no to me.  If you eat the crust, it is a lot of carbs, but we need some carbs in our diet and pizza is higher in calories than some other foods but it can be a pretty healthy meal, as long as you don't eat a huge amount of it.  I can eat one to two slices, depending on  how big they are, how thick the crust is, and what's on it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/3/13 12:24 am - OH

I usually eat just one slice (or 3 or 4 pieces if it is cut into squares).  I take two bites with the crust (thin or hand tossed, but haven't had deep dish since my surgery) and then just eat the toppings off of the rest of the slice/pieces.  Occasionally, i will eat some of the topping off of a second piece.  I'm six years out , though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laccygurl
on 10/3/13 12:37 am - Paso Robles, CA
I just eat the toppins, dont do crust anymore..

Laurie
stlfocus
on 10/3/13 12:49 am - IA

Me too.  If I taste it at all, I don't eat the crust.  Mainly I avoid pizza.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 244 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 139 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?