Cruise to Mexico and Not Obsessed with Food!

jasmith31
on 10/4/13 7:23 am, edited 10/4/13 7:25 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hi All,

Just got back from a four day cruise to Mexico.  The food was AWESOME, and I didn't over indulge (because I can't and really didn't want to)...

I enjoyed the many dishes, (eating 5 small meals a day and making wise choices...nothing creamy, fried, starchy) NEVER finishing my meal, made sure to eat that protein first, and even had a couple of AMAZING sugar free desserts...

Did a lot of walking around the ship, and climbing stairs...

Ended up losing three pounds!

What I did notice tho, is that people REALLY overeat...because they can, and because the food is there constantly.  

Quite an eye-opening experience now that I'm no longer one of those overeaters...

illinois Gama D.
on 10/4/13 7:28 am

Isnt that a great feeling when food  no longer controls your life")

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Mo Diggity
on 10/4/13 7:35 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Nicely done !! Definitely an NSV.... AND an SV !!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

KnittyKittyEMD
on 10/4/13 8:40 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Congratulations! 

I'm going on a family cruise to Grand Turk in March and I've already started to panic about food. I had RNY Aug 5-2013.  Any suggestions on food to pack or what was helpful on excursions?  I'm worried there won't be anything I can eat.

jasmith31
on 10/4/13 9:15 am - Los Angeles, CA

First of all, don't panic!  You'll be fine!  Actually, I didn't pack any extra food.  Trust me, there are PLENTY of things you can eat:  Grilled chicken, seafood, veggies, fruit.  Try to eat in the dining rooms, because the portions are better controlled (they were on Princess Cruises, anyway...I was pleasantly surprised at the portions).  If you do eat at the buffet, look for protein dishes, veggies, fruit...

By the time your cruise comes around, you'll be a pro at making the right choices...Also, I drank nothing bu****er.  Of course, stay away from alcohol, soda.  And don't feel bad to indulge in an occasional sugar free dessert...just don't eat the whole thing...that worked for me!frown

And take advantage of walking on the ship and depending where you are on the ship, using the stairs!  A great workout!

if you deny yourself, you will most definitely obsess!  

jasmith31
on 10/4/13 9:16 am - Los Angeles, CA

Drank water...for some reason, it's showing asterisks...

KnittyKittyEMD
on 10/8/13 7:47 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the great advice!

Love2travel4
on 10/4/13 10:36 am
I am leaving for a cruise to Bermuda 3 weeks from tonight! I will only be 8 weeks out at the time, so looking for any additional tips!
jasmith31
on 10/5/13 10:06 am - Los Angeles, CA

Eight weeks out..I would take it easy...it just depends how comfortable you feel eating veggies, fruit, etc.  In your case, I would pack a few protein shakes, just to be on the safe side.  I'm four months out and could tolerate more protein from food, so I didn't bring any shakes...

Have fun!

Karen R.
on 10/4/13 2:48 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Great job!  How wonderful is it to go on vacation and come back lighter?  I'll bet that's a change from previous vacations (it would be for me, anyway!).  Congratulations!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 535 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 241 views
Recent Topics