Potatoes

JustCK
on 10/22/13 6:31 am

When can we have potatoes? I know that in my bariatric book it says that we should avoid white potatoes and that sweet potatoes are fine, but it doesn't say when we can start incorporating that into the diet.......

Dee.spunk
on 10/22/13 6:40 am - Sacramento, CA
Everybodys plan is different. I believe mine says no potatoes at all. It says to focus more on protein. I have had potato though, but only a spoonful. No more. My pouch doesn't like it much, and I honestly don't miss it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 10/22/13 6:47 am - OH

My plan included mashed potatoes on the pureed food diet, so one week post op.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ebtiger24
on 10/22/13 6:52 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
After my first week I started on mashed potatoes. I eat them all the time. 1/4 cup is all I eat, but it is my go to starch.

Sarah R.
on 10/22/13 6:53 am

I could have them on my mushy stage but now I cant eat much they feel like a stone in my stomach and like they are stuck.

65rosesmom
on 10/22/13 6:57 am

I had (and was allowed) both sweet and white potatoes mashed almost right away.  I made a habit of mixing in unflavored protein powder so that they weren't just empty carbs and calories.   I didn't eat them much once I moved past the pureed stage.  Now if I have potatoes, they are the last thing on my plate, mainly just a bite or two and I don't allow myself to eat them until my protein and veggies are eaten first.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

PetHairMagnet
on 10/22/13 7:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I could have sweet potatoes at 8 weeks. My nutritionist says to treat white potatoes like candy. Yes, you can have some once in a while, but small amounts, on my plan. 5 months out, I have had them twice, a tablespoon each time.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

bsouder2210
on 10/22/13 11:54 am
My book says nothing about avoiding potatoes in the pureed stage. I am 3 weeks out. I eat mashed potatoes quite often because I feel pretty good when I eat them

Most Active
Recent Topics