Fighting!!

spoiledrotten86
on 10/24/13 8:44 am
RNY on 11/18/13
I've been preparing myself for surgery since early 2012. Finally I've completed everything I need and I have surgery date. Now the big thing I'm waiting on is for the insurance to clear me. Because the previous secretary at the dr. office decided to neglect my chart the insurance is wanting me to redo some of my steps like have another psych evaluation done. My surgery is scheduled for november 18 and my eval is on the 12th. Only 6 days for insurance to approve it before surgery. I've been so depressed and constantly crying over and over. I'm so ready to change my life. I've been preparing myself mentally and physically. Please pray for me!!
barb.k
on 10/24/13 8:59 am - Williamson, GA

I can't imagine those emotions....my pre op appt got changed and I was disappointed....My surgery is Nov 5th and now my  pre op is Oct 31...I will pray for you, that is a lot of stress. I have read of many insurances clearing quickly though..

scoobyluvr1
on 10/24/13 9:04 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Aww sorry youve had such a difficult time. I shouldnt take long to get the ins approval though i had mine in 48 hrs. But it does depend on the ins co. Etc. Stay on top of making sure the psych eval gets faxed..and getting paperwork subitted to ins. Best of luck to you. It will happen

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 10/24/13 9:10 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Is there any way you can meet with a different pysch earlier than 11/12? My surgeon's office uses one that does the consultations over the phone. Maybe you can find someone willing to do that?

I don't think the insurance company cares which psychiatrist you go to, as long as they are legit.

Good luck!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/24/13 10:06 am - OH

I would NOT re-do a Psych eval (and pay for it again... because insurance is unlikely to do so) just because of missing paperwork!  If the first Psychologist had reservations about giving approval, that is another matter.

Even if the surgeon's office doesn't have any paperwork from your Psych eval, the Psychologist who did it will have everything they initially provided to the surgeon's office (and everything your insurance company needs).   Trust me.  I do WLS pre-op Psych evals and we have even more documentation in our files than the office report that we write for the surgeon/insurance. I would suggest that you call the insurance company and ask them exactly what they need and then call and get it faxed directly from the Psych to the insurance company, especially since it often takes anywhere from 3-7 days for the Psychologist to get the report to the surgeon/insurance.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

spoiledrotten86
on 10/24/13 3:03 pm
RNY on 11/18/13
The reason being is that after a year the insurance say it's no good. I don't have to pay fully covered.
poet_kelly
on 10/24/13 10:41 am - OH

Why do you need to repeat the psych eval? If the secretary at the doctor's office didn't update your chart, can't you just get a copy of the report from whomever did your psych eval?  I don't understand why insurance wants you to redo the psych eval. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

spoiledrotten86
on 10/24/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 11/18/13

They are asking for a new one bc they claim the first one is too old. I had the first one done last fall.

poet_kelly
on 10/24/13 10:50 pm - OH

Oh.  Well, I can see why they'd need one less than a year old.  I'm sorry you have to redo it, but it make sense to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jamienichols22
on 10/24/13 12:48 pm - MI

My eval was my last step and my surgeon advised me to tell the Psych that he was my last stop and ask if he could send it over as soon as possible. When I went I ask and he had it to them in two days verses the normal ten :) But I am like Kelly I don't understand why the insurance wants a new eval unless it's been a very long time since it was done, I would contact the insurance company and ask their reason for this.

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!!