Ok so where is the pouch?

Catie780
on 10/25/13 11:11 am
I am wondering when I feel applesauce go down where it is when I get an uncomfortable feeling. Is it in the pouch past the pouch. Dr says give up milk products now n kinda go back to clear and ease into puréed limiting the milk based stuff. I do as I am told. Luckily not missing /wanting/craving anything.

Does this sound normal? Just wondering. I get a yucky pain right behind n just below navel.

Thanks, for any help.
Mary Catherine
on 10/25/13 11:31 am

It is under your ribs about where your bra band goes.

Catie780
on 10/25/13 1:03 pm
Oh thanks, I just needed to know that. Now I can imagine the food or drink going right there. The next question is what's up with the pain lower than that? Is it in the intestine? I had had a colonoscopy prior to surgery -all clear - scored - a+ Is it healing ?
6 weeks to surgeon visit. I week to GP visit. I feel better now that the milk is out of the picture.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/25/13 4:38 pm - OH

As far as food goes, anything beyond the pouch is in your intestine IF the pain is directly related to eating.  (Keep in mind, though, that the intestine is positioned in a back and forth, kind of coiled position, so for food to get to the level of your navel takes some time for the food to be propelled through the co wider able amount of intestine above the navel level.)

i'm not sure what you are asking and healing.  Are you asking if something from your co,now copy is healing and causing the pain? (there shouldn't be anything to heal up after a colonoscopy.)  are you asking if so eating related to your surgery down at the navel level is healing?  (If you had lap surgery and three is an incision point at your navel, there might be some healing going on for the first few weeks.) 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Katie K.
on 10/25/13 9:59 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
How far out are you? I was sensitive to fat in the beginning. Even 2% milk made me sick.

I've also become lactose intolerant. Cheese and yogurt are fine but I have to use fat-free lactose-free milk.

I was at a function and the veggie dip (the thin kind that comes with a veggie tray) made me so sick I thought I'd have to lie down right there in the middle of everything. I actually considered asking a pregnant lady if I could use her chair. She wasn't using it at the time and it was the only chair there.

Catie780
on 10/26/13 2:14 am
Oh i am 12 days post after 1 weekclear then 2 days full liquids -i think milk based did it. Thanks ladies. I think the visual of the back n forth explains a lot to me. Stopping the milk helped. I had some loud gurgling sounds and some gas over 24 hours after milk based liquids.

I am going to start puréed today. Tried baby food yesterday. Apples n bananas with oatmeal. It was fine for 24 hours. No pain but still discomfort below navel. I liked the baby food applesauce - no ascorbic acid added- that seems to burn.

I can't say I'm totally understanding this all. But thanks for your input.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 21 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 292 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views