Tomorrow is the day!

Jvino
on 10/30/13 11:15 am
After the months of tests and back and forth with appointments and insurance. I'm set for tomorrow at 745. Any tips to get through the stay at the hospital? First surgery, a little nervous, but anxious to get it done and start the next step.
gtrdyfor50
on 10/30/13 11:21 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Good Luck!!!

osubuxfan
on 10/30/13 11:26 am - Rome, GA

Congrats on your surgery!  I just had surgery Monday morning (10/28) and came home yesterday; it was my first surgery too so I was pretty nervous!  For me, while in the hospital, I just laid back and let them do the work.  I slept when I could (which was quite a bit), walked when I could and ate and sipped as I could.  The worst part was the cotton mouth after surgery, but I was able to start sipping right away and that helped as did the chapstick I took (thanks to all the advice on this board).  Hospital stay was completely uneventful. 

I wish for you the same smooth experience that I have had so far!  Let us know how you're doing!

Jvino
on 10/30/13 12:08 pm
Thank you. I hope it goes as your did.
tenkat99
on 10/30/13 11:42 am
RNY on 08/27/13
Congrats!!
Don't be afraid to ask, ask ask about whatever you'll be feeling when you awake. There are no stupid questions! Take a sleep mask for sure. It helps when they come in every 4 hours to check your stats.
Good Luck, Dear One

Kindest Regards, tenkat99

A word to the wise ain't necessary.  It's the stupid who need the advice."  ~ Will Rogers

Jvino
on 10/30/13 12:04 pm
Thank you. Love that quote.
PetHairMagnet
on 10/30/13 11:52 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM Pacific Time, Jvino wrote:
After the months of tests and back and forth with appointments and insurance. I'm set for tomorrow at 745. Any tips to get through the stay at the hospital? First surgery, a little nervous, but anxious to get it done and start the next step.

I was in the hospital less than 24 hours, so I don't know what you mean by 'get you through' there is really nothing other than chapstick, clean underwear and a toothbrush you will need. You'll wear clothes in and the same clothes home the next day. You will be in their gown for the duration of your stay. They will provide whatever food/vitamins the surgeon orders for you and then you go home.

Get up and walk, walk, walk! I did 2.5 miles in the hospital, 1/2 a mile at a time and it helps healing tremendously to be active. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jvino
on 10/30/13 12:07 pm
Wow. 1/2 a mile at a time. That is great. I will try. Thank you.
TurnThePage
on 10/30/13 12:23 pm

I hope you will be as fortunate as I was and have little to no pain. I was given a pain pump the day after surgery and maybe used it twice. Never needed any pain med after that. But don't hesitate to ask for and take medicine for pain. It should be takeas soon as pain starts to be as effective as possible.. Don't wait until the pain grows.  

Here's hoping you  breeze right through surgery and your recovery.  You are going to be so thrilled with this new chapter in your life!

tracy71
on 10/30/13 12:30 pm
Good luck!
Most Active