Anyone had a tummy tuck?

BellaSaid35
on 10/25/13 7:00 am

Hey all. I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck on Nov 1st. I'd like to get some info from anyone who has had one regarding pain, preparation, tips, etc. I feel more anxious about this than the gastric! :/ 

thanks in advance!

Rny 2.14.12

Mo Diggity
on 10/25/13 7:25 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

BellaSaid35
on 10/25/13 8:20 am

Thank you!

Rny 2.14.12

Mo Diggity
on 10/25/13 9:10 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

;)

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/25/13 5:03 pm - OH

Not to scare you, but my tummy tuck was probably ly the worst pain I have ever had from any surgery (my open hernia repair is a very close second).  Even once I went back to work, I had trouble walking standing up straight because it was so tight and still somewhat painful.

i didn't really do anything differently for that surgery than for any other open surgery in terms of either preparation or recovery.  Sleeping flat may be painful for a while and many people find that sleeping in a LaZBoy is much more comfortable

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

averybyrd
on 10/26/13 10:07 am

Funny, I dreamt about this last night and how scared I'd be. I'm planning on it in the future, but not for a while I guess. 

Gizzys
on 10/28/13 1:01 am - Canada

I had my tummy tuck back in late June.  Being I had lap RNY almost two years ago, I have to say that healing from open surgery is much tougher.  You will also be dealing with pain from muscle tightening.  I took Mirilax daily religiously.  No way did I want to have to do any exerting.  I couldn't cough or sneeze for the first 4 weeks.  When I did, it just about killed me.  I learned to plug my nose when I felt a sneeze coming on.  Its amazing what you all need stomach muscles for.  I slept in a lazyboy for about 4 weeks.  I wore a abdominal binder for 6 weeks night and day.  Loved and hated the thing.  I didn't straighten up until 4-5 weeks after.  Do not put anything on your incisions cream-wise.  Best to leave as is for awhile.  I took pain meds (Tramadol) for the first 3-4 days.  Found thats all I needed.  Don't lift anything heavier then 5 lbs for the first 4 weeks.  I still haven't submerged myself (swimming or baths).  Showers are fine. After 8 weeks I started rubbing Bio-oil or vitamin E on my incision to lighten it.  Lastly know that you are going to swell.  It takes up to a year for the swelling to go down.  So don't freak out if your belly doesn't look as flat as you would like right away or if it starts out flat but then gets puffy looking.  Other than my anchor scar, I love my results.  I knew going in the scar was going to be large.  But I am okay with it.  Good luck and take care of yourself. 

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown