Pre-op Diet and hating life ;-)

FourMyBoysandMe
on 10/25/13 9:08 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Hi all, I'm a new member but have been reading posts for a loooong time. I'm scheduled to have RNY done on November 5th and am currently on my pre-op diet to shrink my liver (no carbs for me). So I'm a little grouchy :) Anyone else in a similar time frame as me? I welcome comments from anyone and everyone! I'm excited to get started on my new healthy life!

bsouder2210
on 10/26/13 5:46 am
The pre op diet sucks, no doubt about it. It is to shrink your liver but I found it really helped me look at food differently. I had a 4 week pre op diet and I have to say, although I hated it at the time, I am now almost 4 weeks post op and I am glad. When I came out of surgery I had not had carbs in 4 weeks. I wasn't grieving the loss of carbs and trying to heal from surgery at the same time because they hadn't been an option for a month already. I was so worried food would always be an issue because I was so addicted earlier but I really don't care most of the time. Hang in there for the pre op diet. It will pay off in the long run, and maybe even pay off in unexpected ways like mine did

FourMyBoysandMe
on 10/26/13 7:34 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Thanks! And you make a great point about not grieving the loss of food, WHILE in recovery. I didn't even look at it that way. I am trying to use this time too, to figure out why I overate, and why I used food the way I did. I want to get a jump start on the psychological hurdles. I just want the day to be here so I can have that tiny stomach and not feel hunger!

scoobyluvr1
on 10/26/13 5:52 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Hello. The pre op diet is tough but you can do it. Your surgery day will be here before you know it.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

FourMyBoysandMe
on 10/26/13 7:34 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Thank you!! It looks like you recently had surgery, how are you doing?

PetHairMagnet
on 10/26/13 6:25 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Not sure when you started, but by day 3 it should be a breeze!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

FourMyBoysandMe
on 10/26/13 7:36 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Thanks! I've been at it a week now...Mostly I'm just bored with the food options, but trying to remind myself that my happiness does NOT come from food anymore, it is there to help me live, that is all. But it's a process...

Member Services
on 10/26/13 9:49 am - Irvine, CA

You have a great attitude and that will help you as you move forward.  The pre-op diet is the hardest part of the journey for some members.  It will be over before you know it.  Focus on getting ready for your new life.   here is some information that we hope you find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

Take care and keep us posted. 

FourMyBoysandMe
on 10/26/13 10:52 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Thank you! And thanks for the links!

Minasbiz
on 10/27/13 5:09 am - Escondido, CA
The pre op diet is hard and with me being at work with birthdays and food parties seemed like everyday made it worse while I was sipping on protein shakes and soup but you will get though it just keep telling yourself u are worth it and it will be better for you in the long run. It doesn't take cravings away but good thing is you won't be hungry after surgery BUT you will still be on clear liquids for about 1-2 weeks after. I am 3 weeks post op (9 th oct) and am trying to transition to eat soft proteins now.
Hope it helps and good luck on your surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics