cramping x 1 week

dirks34
on 10/30/13 12:15 am
RNY on 10/31/12

Hello Everyone. Tomorrow is my 1 year surgiversary. Yea....just about 160 lbs lost.

The last week I have been having cramps on and off. They last for about 2 to 3 hours and it has happen all times of the day

including in the middle of the night. I went to the emerg last friday night because the nurses at the weight wise clinic said I should. X-ray's and blood work came out normal. I was symptom free for 3 days over the weekend and monday. Then yesterday

it happened again. The abdominal cramps happen mostly in my left quadrant and can radiate all over my stomach.

Has anyone had symptoms like this before? I'm having pretty regular BM's and I'm not eating anything different.

I do have an appt tomorrow for my 1 year check up in Edmonton and the nurses are checking with doctor about doing

some tests while I'm in there but I'm starting to get concerned. You'd think after a year everything would be healed fine. It may not be related to my gastric bypass.

Any common symptoms for others out there?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Sarahakers11
on 10/30/13 12:48 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Certainly keep searching but have you considered constipation.  Even if you are going regularly you could have a bit of a back up. I get cramping up high when I get a little constipated.  I take a scoop of miralax (generic) and a scoop of benefiber daily and thats usually enough but sometimes I need a little extra.  Just a thought that some extra fiber and some good bowel moving may help. 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/30/13 1:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Awesome loss!

I would ask for them to check my gallbladder (assuming you still have yours) and for kidney stones as well. 

Hope they find an answer and have an easy solution for you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

dirks34
on 10/30/13 1:25 am
RNY on 10/31/12

Actually my gall bladder is gone but kidney stones did come up as a possibility last week when I went to emerg.

My bowel movements are pretty regular but constipation could be a possibility too.

Thanks for the feedback...hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views