Incision Problems

bulldog76ss
on 11/2/13 1:33 am - OH
I am currently close to 3 weeks post-op. My 2 largest incisions are leaking. It's not blood or infection but a semi clear watery liquid. Wounds are not sore, red or seem infected. Sorry if this a little graffic, but the amount seems a little much. I am a very large guy and the condition seems to get worse the more I move. I have lost some weight and moving more which I think is putting pressure on these incisions. Anyone experience this, should I be worried. Any tips on controlling it?
tracy71
on 11/2/13 1:48 am
I would call your dr you should not have stuff leaking especially that far out...that's my opinion
TurnThePage
on 11/2/13 2:18 am

Please call your doctor's office today and have the on-call doctor get back to you. This is not okay and should be addressed now (not Monday).  My friend waited and it evolved into serious complications.  Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

dessalves
on 11/2/13 2:41 am

For what you described I think I experienced something similar. I am three months post op and still having problems with incisions so I had basically everything. My doctor said it was nothing to worry about, that it was only the fat dissolving and that it is completely normal. He also told me to press my belly in order to get it all out. BUT I am no doctor so you should call your doctor to make sure it is something like that and not something serious.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/13 3:09 am

Call the doctor.It may be nothing but better safe than sorry.

Nerak
on 11/3/13 10:57 am - Canada

I had exactly this problem. My main incision has leaked since early on. It is , as you mention, a clear pinkish liquid with no odor. I do not have an infection and this is totally normal says the nurse practioner and my family doctor. It is now almost healed at just over two weeks post op but I kept it from leaking all over the bed/my clothes by purchasing absorbent pads and covering with medical grade tape (to cover the pad). It works well and I do not put on any type of antibacterial stuff - this is as per instructions. I think it peaked at about 7-10 days. 

Hope this helps Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

bulldog76ss
on 11/4/13 12:13 am - OH

Thanks for the imput.  I did speak to my doc today and he said to just keep an I on it and if it shows any sign of infection to contact him.  The good news is the leaking has almost stopped and I am dressing it like you mention.  Again, thanks for the come back!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 72 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?