Is It too late?????

Ashley C.
on 11/10/13 7:49 am - Birmingham, AL

I am on day 5 of my 14 day full liquid diet. It isn't easy but you have to take it one meal at a time. I have found that the key is to not let myself get really hungry. I ingest something almost constantly whether it be protein shakes, water, popsicles, Jello, yogurt, Crystal light, Propel water, G2 Gatorade, soup, broth....etc. Being prepared is also important. I have everything in one place and ready to go. My doctor stressed to me that part of the goal of the 14 day diet (in addition to shrinking the liver) is to prepare me mentally for after surgery. If you can't be disciplined enough for 14 days then you are going to have serious problems with being successful after surgery. The GB doesn't fix us...its a tool to help us as we adjust and change our relationship with food.  

Best of luck!

sherri1967
on 11/11/13 10:49 am - murfreesboro, TN
I only had a 1 day diet along w/magnesium citrate drink (grape) flavor.
PetHairMagnet
on 11/23/13 8:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM Pacific Time, sherri1967 wrote:
I only had a 1 day diet along w/magnesium citrate drink (grape) flavor.

Where did you find the grape flavor? I have a relative that will be doing a colonoscopy prep the Sunday of next week and can only find the citrus flavor which she does not care for and really likes grape. If you have a brand or a store chain where you found it, we'd be deeply appreciative! Please PM me so I can be sure to get the info. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 167 views
Recent Topics