Is It too late?????

spoiledrotten86
on 11/10/13 4:39 am
RNY on 11/18/13
I'm scheduled to have surgery on 18th of November but I'm not focus on this liquid diet. Please give me some encouraging words. I know that if I want to have surgery I must do this. Why is this so hard to do right?

Ps. I still haven't been cleared for surgery yet so that's stressing me
poet_kelly
on 11/10/13 4:44 am - OH

I don't know if it's too late.  Will your surgeon do the surgery if you haven't been following the recommended diet?

It's hard to do it right because it's hard to stick to a liquid diet for any length of time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 11/10/13 4:58 am

Why don't you talk to the psychologist.  It is always best if you go into a serious surgery with solid commitment and conviction.  It doesn't mean that surgery will canceled but they can advise you.

spoiledrotten86
on 11/10/13 5:18 am
RNY on 11/18/13
Well they told me 14 day diet. I seen people do 3-7 day diets n had their surgery. Gonna start better tomorrow with 7 days
poet_kelly
on 11/10/13 5:31 am - OH

So will your surgeon still do your surgery if you only do a seven day liquid diet instead of the 14 days initially recommended?

It's true that some people were only advised to do a seven day liquid diet and some were not advised to do a liquid diet at all.  But apparently your surgeon felt a 14 day liquid diet would make your surgeon easier or safer or improve your outcome or something, or he would not have recommended it for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 11/10/13 5:32 am

Some people have a 6 month requirement, I had 3 month requirement that turned into 4 1/2 month (not my fault).  It doesn't matter if you have 3 days or 6 months.  The fact is that you are started on your goal to get healthier.  The weight you lose on at the pre op stage is off the same fat you will be losing after surgery.  So turn your head around and get with the program.  

PetHairMagnet
on 11/10/13 8:42 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM Pacific Time, spoiledrotten86 wrote:
Well they told me 14 day diet. I seen people do 3-7 day diets n had their surgery. Gonna start better tomorrow with 7 days

I was on it for 22 days. By day 3 it is no big deal. 

If you are already looking to change the recommendation of your surgeon, then I do not think you are ready to have the surgery. Either you are going to listen to him, or you are not. You might need to shrink your liver more than someone else. You might have other needs over someone else. He or she may have a much better track record with those who had at least 14 days of liquids. Bottom line, if you are asking your surgeon to do THEIR best, then you need to do YOUR best and that means following the rules without comparing it to what others were asked to do.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

debramontoya
on 11/10/13 5:25 am
RNY on 10/28/13

You've got to look at the big picture.  This is a short time in our life and were doing it to have a better life.  Chin up and make a decision to do it and plow forward.  Good luck!

Nerak
on 11/10/13 5:29 am - Canada

Yes, the liquid diet is hard but as someone said, It's not forever. 

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

spoiledrotten86
on 11/10/13 5:50 am
RNY on 11/18/13
Thanks for word of encouragement. I will be taking things one day @ a time