Patrice1
on 11/18/13 3:26 pm

Hi Everyone! My name is Patrice and I am starting the process of getting a RNY. I have Kaiser as my insurance and I am going through their orientation in 3 weeks.  I weigh 270 pounds, 5' 8" tall, everything hurts, including my feet turning black and blue if I  walk too much. I have tried everything, like many of you, but ultimately found no lasting solution.  I have no high blood pressure, and my cholesterol is low, and no threat of diabetes.  But my joints and bones are in constant pain and have digestive issues.  I know - nothing remarkable here, except that I finally put up the white flag and said to my doctor, "HELP."  She did.  (My previous two doctors didn't believe in surgery to correct weight issues).  Anyway, it at least feels good to have made the decision.  We're any of you frightened at first?  Any advice to pass along?  I really appreciate any comments you might give. :)

Day_dream_believer
on 11/19/13 1:33 am

Welcome Patrice.  You will be amazed by how much better you feel once you lose the weight.  Good luck .

PetHairMagnet
on 11/19/13 3:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM Pacific Time, Day_dream_believer wrote:

Welcome Patrice.  You will be amazed by how much better you feel once you lose the weight.  Good luck .

Let me just say DITTO to this!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Patrice1
on 12/9/13 6:05 am

Fantastic!  I am wishing I had done this a long time ago.... I was just too afraid to get it done, and was just thinking I could do it on my own.  Well, THAT obviously didn't work well for me!  Thanks again and congratulations on your INCREDIBLE results.  Very inspiring. :)

Patrice

"You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date:  June 20, 2014

Weight on day of surgery: 289.1

Patrice1
on 11/19/13 1:46 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 176 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views