Ready to sell my soul for a chicken breast and a bottle of water...

pathchic
on 12/9/13 5:32 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Traveling abroad (Italy)  for the first time since surgery about four months ago.  Airline travel was not the challenge I thought it would be- although for those of you who have yet to do it I can't emphasize enough to PUSH fluids.  I learned on a prior, shorter flight that the standard 64oz was no where near enough to keep me hydrated.  I added about another 8 ounces per hour of flight and that seemed to do the trick.  Unfortunately, I am not in a situation where I can choose my own food, so I am eating a lot of cheese because that is the only thing safe (lots of cured meats, artisan breads, pastries or pasta, none of which agree with me).  Fluids are turning out to be more of an effort than I thought.  It seems everyone pretty much only drinks with meals, and even then drinks only like 6 oz at a time.  It is down right impossible to get a regular bottle of water.  Wine or coffee, no problem- but you want a plastic bottle of water? Not a chance. I must be missing something, because it seems everyone here is only drinking 12 oz of water a day with several glasses of wine and several cappuccinos. Maybe they are just accustomed to it?  Anyway, I brought lots of protein shakes, which have gotten me through thus far.  I am missing eating "real food"- three days of cheese and protein shakes are wearing thin. Anybody have any creative solutions?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 304 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics