feeling fat!sad Christmas

yangie314
on 12/21/13 2:58 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

This has been a truly horrible year and i do not know where to start. I had the surgery 7/3/12 and was doing great until this year around the same time. My Mom was hospitalized and found out that the cancer had spread to her brain. At this point, meal plan went out the window. It is with great sadness that 11/4/13, my Mom passed away and it is truly hard. I had suffered a breakdown and had to take time off from work. I was 274 in july and now i'm 287. It seems as though i cannot get enough and I can't help it. Also, i don't think drinking helps as well. They have me on medication for depression, but it seems as though it is making me hungry. I am now able to tolerate sweets without so much dumping which scares me. I need help. I do not want to get back up to 440. I feel like my world is coming to an end and truly i don't want to be here anymore. 

feeling like an out right failure 

Dee.spunk
on 12/21/13 3:12 pm - Sacramento, CA
I wish I had some good advice. I don't. I'm very sorry for your loss. I know it's hard, but try to stick to your plan. Take care of yourself.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

mollz007
on 12/21/13 3:14 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine... Lots of hugs and prayers for you. Don't beat yourself up... you have come so far! I don't have many other words pf wisdom except hang in there! You have made such great progress and continue to despite tragic events! Hang in there! You are in my thoughts.

RainbowRN
on 12/21/13 6:16 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I hope that you are able to seek some counseling.  I think that you would benefit so much from it.  You have done a great job so far. I'm very sorry that things have gone so badly for you.  Keep your head up. You will get through this. 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

poet_kelly
on 12/21/13 8:43 pm - OH

I'm so sorry about your loss.  I'm concerned about you.  Are you feeling suicidal?  Are you in therapy?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

yangie314
on 12/21/13 9:52 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12
I had grief counseling and I'm currently under doctors care but its still hard

Heather D.
on 12/21/13 9:46 pm

I lost my mother back in 2000 to stomach cancer and I understand the feeling of hopelessness all too well. You may want to check with your insurance about seeing a counselor, even if it's just for a couple months. Does your surgeon's office do psych as well? That may be a resource to seek out. She/he could help with the food issue and with the loss of your mother. 

Theres nothing like like losing your mother. It hurts in a place like no other loss, especially if you're really close. Know that it will get better but it will take lots of time. Almost 14 years later and I still have random meltdown moments. But call your surgeon's office to see if they have psych for you and if now, who they might recommend. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/13 10:27 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.You did lose weight before so you know you can do it.One thing I will say is depression can reak havoc on your body. Also your mind.Give yourself sometime to stop feeling bad about your eating habits and start the way you ate before.If you can get some therapy that helps a lot.I suffer from depression also. I am on meds three times a day.I would check with your doctor about your meds.There may be something else you can take.One thing is you need to love yourself.I know that sounds easy but it can happen.You are worth something.The holidays can be unbearable sometimes.If you have some family you can go stay with that would be a great thing.Do not stay by yourself.Someone in this world needs you.You may not have found them yet or they might be sitting next to you right now.You are worth it.If you are feeling so bad get to the hospital.It may be the meds you are on.Just because they work for one person they might not be working.Please take care of yourself.

Kelly M.
on 12/21/13 10:59 pm - TX

I am very sorry for your loss. I just want to send you a big hug and to let ya know we all care about you here.Depression is bad and you are right , drinking also is not helping. Are there any A A classes or such you could start going to?Try not to be alone, get out everyday even if it is a walk down the street and back.If you feel real bad go to hospital and tell them.You have done well with weight loss so far, I know you can do this,the tool is there, its not to late.Tell your doctor the meds make you hungry, its true, some do, you have to find the ones that work right for you all around.I care, please take care,Kelly 

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

Ladytazz
on 12/21/13 11:37 pm

Big hugs to you and I am so sorry about your loss.  I'm not a medical person or anything but I have had experiences with increased hunger with some anti depressants.  Have you asked your doctor about a different one.  It seems that the one you are on isn't meeting your needs and there are some out there that don't affect your appetite or weight.  I regained 100 lbs on a different anti depressant and when I had my revision I switched and it made a big difference.

Also, I agree with the person about AA.  You will find many understanding and supportive people who may be able to help you find other ways to cope without alcohol and it sounds like you could use all the support you can get at this time.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views