feeling fat!sad Christmas

Jevika
on 12/22/13 12:28 am
RNY on 12/13/13

GIRL!!! Let your mother be your inspiration!! Put her photo up around the kitchen and fridge area :)   Let her be a reminder that she wants you to be healthy and that she would never ever want you to feel like you do now.  Talk to your mom. Shoot, it's not crazy or silly - a lot of people believe that our loved ones never really leave and so maybe she's seeing what is going on right now.  If you dont believe in that, think of what she'd want you to be doing right now. Life is so amazingly precious isn't it?  Food isn't a thing at all!  Get into something new!  Try something you'd never do before!  Try call of duty! Sure! Get online and shoot people with a team!  Try watching a whole series on Netflix that you NEVER thought you'd get into. Something forgein or weird or crazy!  :P  WATCH VIDEOS OF TOM HIDDLESTON ONLINE and just bombard yourself with giddy laughing things! and post here. post here so much that even the staff starts cheering you on! Being cheered on is NOT pity. It's a human need to hear that those around us believe in us.  It's been an insane year for you, but we live in a place and time of so much inspiration and ability that so many people all over the world would kill for- that for us to let things trip us up is no good.  You've got us!! You really do!! :)

nurl
on 12/22/13 12:54 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I am so sorry for your loss my mother passed away five years ago from cancer. She had lived with me for 16 years and was my best friend. I miss her every day. You will never stop missing her but you will learn to live you life and cherish the good times you had with her. She developed lung cancer then it spread to her brain. My father also died from lung cancer. I too turned to food as a coping mechanism .

Please for your health mentally and physically seek a therapist or someone to help you get though the very difficult time. It will be a long and difficult journey. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!
Xoxoxo

Mo Diggity
on 12/22/13 6:03 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I am so sorry about your mother :( I can hear your pain in your words. I guess you have more than one area of your life in which you need help. Maybe as far as eating and weight gain goes, maybe you can convince yourself to get your health back on track in tribute to your mother's life. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. But I'm sure she's looking down from Heaven, wishing for you to be healthy.  As bad as you feel right now about gaining weight, you'll only feel that much worse if you keep gaining. Can you ask your doc if there is any depression meds that don't cause hunger/weight gain ??  Also have you been in therapy ? Maybe a therapist that also specializes in food addiction ?? Please don't be so hard on yourself saying you're a failure....You came on here looking for help and being honest about your setbacks. Now you just have to try to fix them (with help if you need). I wish you the very best honey.... Hugs to you

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 287 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views