Not losing enough

Lianne D.
on 12/26/13 8:55 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

I HAVE BEEN HAVING A DILEMMA FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS FEELING LIKE IM NOT LOSING ENOUGH WEIGHT. I HAD SURGERY IN OCTOBER AND  I HAVE LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS SINCE BUT HAVE HIT A MAJOR PLATEAU. I KNOW FOR MOST PEOPLE THEY WOULD BE EXCITED DURING THIS TIME BUT FOR ME I WISH I COULD SEE MORE RESULTS IN MY WAIST LINE. I CALLED MY DIETICIAN A MONTH BACK AND TOLD HER ABOUT MY CONCERN. SHE DIDN'T EVEN SEEM A LITTLE PHASED ABOUT IT SHE SAID SHE TALKS WITH PT'S ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK ABOUT SLOW WEIGHT LOSS AND PLATEAU'S. IT OFTEN IS A BIT DISCOURAGING WHEN PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE AND THEY ASK A QUESTION LIKE DID YOU HAVE SURGERY YET? UGHHHH! AM I BEING CRAZY? IS THIS NORMAL?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/26/13 9:25 am, edited 12/26/13 9:26 am - OH

You may want to edit your post and change your font because whatever font you are using gets converted to a script font by certain products (iPhone and iPad).  That, along with the fact that you apparently wrote the entire post in capital letters, makes it literally almost impossible for people (like me) with those devices to read it.  (All uppercase in a script font all runs together and it is VERY hard to distinguish one letter from others sometimes)

Many people will just skip it rather than give themselves a headache trying to decipher it.

Lora

(edited for typos and autocorrect errors)

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sherrie P.
on 12/26/13 10:59 am
RNY on 02/06/13

What is a major plateau? 

Yes, many people will tell you that this is normal - just like your dietician.

Are you exercising? Are you getting enough calories? Protein?

People lose at different rates. I think being 2 months out was tough -- you had not lost enough to be super excited, but you still couldn't eat much... 

The surgery works if you follow the rules.

Good luck - and don't get too discouraged. I strongly recommend divorcing your scale.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

PetHairMagnet
on 12/26/13 11:01 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, ****rogirl wrote:

You may want to edit your post and change your font because whatever font you are using gets converted to a script font by certain products (iPhone and iPad).  That, along with the fact that you apparently wrote the entire post in capital letters, makes it literally almost impossible for people (like me) with those devices to read it.  (All uppercase in a script font all runs together and it is VERY hard to distinguish one letter from others sometimes)

Many people will just skip it rather than give themselves a headache trying to decipher it.

Lora

(edited for typos and autocorrect errors)

Ditto!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MrsLitch
on 12/26/13 12:02 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I know it's frustrating when weight loss is slow or stops for a week or more. We may be able to offer you some advice if we know more about what you are doing? Start weight/bmi? example of diet ona typical day? avg amount of calories per day? avg amount of protein and water per day? Are you following your doctors guidelines? what are those guidelines? Are you exercising at all?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

queenbmamafranks
on 12/26/13 9:40 pm
RNY on 12/19/13

How did you guys read this?

wilsont2329
on 12/26/13 10:59 pm - Akron, OH

Don't be discouraged as I am in the same boat.  I had my surgery 10/23/13.  I've lost 27 lbs. so far.  For the last three weeks I haven't lost a thing and I'm getting discouraged too but everyone keeps assuring me as long as I keep at it I'll start losing again.  It's been tough with the holidays and having company from out of town but I'm determine to get back on track.

archiesgirl
on 12/27/13 2:42 am
RNY on 07/29/13

I am just at my 5 month mark and I have only lost 52 pounds.  A lot people have lost a lot more weight in the same amount of time.  I try not to get discouraged too.  We just have to take it one day at a time.

Edit   Delete  

rvtisme
on 12/27/13 3:27 am
RNY on 12/16/13

I too am getting paranoid about losing my weight and I'm only 10 days in. I've lost 4 pounds...for the normal people dieting, that would be great, but for WLS?? All I am having is Protein shakes and water. Can anyone give me advice? Or let me know that this early in, it's normal??

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Dukemom
on 12/27/13 6:21 am
RNY on 12/17/13

I came home and was 8 lbs higher than when I went in for surgery.  Don't forget, they pump us full of fluids while we are in the hospital.  I couldn't find my ankle bones when I got home.  By one week post op, I was back to pre-surgery weight.  I don't count that 8 lbs as weight lost; I am going from my pre-surgery weight.  In reality, I haven't lost much weight yet either, and I'm 10 days out too. 

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 73 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?