Unflavored protein guacamole and baked chicken fajitas.

wannabemomma
on 12/31/13 12:45 am

So I went to my group nutrition class yesterday and figured I'd start trying to incorporate things as early as possible. I decided to make guacamole using just 2 avocados and a packet of Ortega seasoning. I then thought "hmm... maybe I should make it a little healthier." I added 1 scoop of GNC unflavored protein powder and man alive! It's delicious. It definitely beats any other that I've had in a restaurant. I added it with some baked chicken fajitas and chowed down. Here's the recipe for the baked fajitas! 

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas         Ingredients
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2 Tbsp EVOOl
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin  
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
  • 12 flour tortillas
  • Toppings such as low fat cheese, low fat sour cream or unflavored greek yogurt, and the guacamole .
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
  3. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
  4. Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
  5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.

poet_kelly
on 12/31/13 12:47 am - OH

I've found I can hide at least a little protein powder in just about anything.  I never start with a whole scoop, I just add a teaspoon or so, stir,  and see if I think I can put a little more in without messing up the taste or texture.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 12/31/13 4:31 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

That's a really good idea, I think I'll try that !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

PetHairMagnet
on 12/31/13 8:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time, wannabemomma wrote:

So I went to my group nutrition class yesterday and figured I'd start trying to incorporate things as early as possible. I decided to make guacamole using just 2 avocados and a packet of Ortega seasoning. I then thought "hmm... maybe I should make it a little healthier." I added 1 scoop of GNC unflavored protein powder and man alive! It's delicious. It definitely beats any other that I've had in a restaurant. I added it with some baked chicken fajitas and chowed down. Here's the recipe for the baked fajitas! 

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas         Ingredients
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2 Tbsp EVOOl
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin  
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
  • 12 flour tortillas
  • Toppings such as low fat cheese, low fat sour cream or unflavored greek yogurt, and the guacamole .
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
  3. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
  4. Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
  5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.

Any flour tortillas I have found in my area are just carb filled junk. Have you looked at Flat Out or Lavash instead? Much lower for calories and carbs, plus higher in protein. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics