My life at 10 months out

AnnieD9999
on 1/4/14 1:59 am - Columbus, OH

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I posted here. Just wanted to give a little update on my progress and what's going on in my life. 

So I'll be 10 months out on the 13th of January, and I'm about 21 pounds from my goal of 130. My weight loss has slowed down pretty significantly, so I'm hoping I can get the 20 pounds off, if not. I'm happy where I am now. 

I started walking not even a week out from surgery and have increased my exercise over the past year, I had a couple month lapse in the middle there when we moved from GA to TX this summer, but I started a C25K running program a couple of months ago and have developed a passion for running. I completed my first 5k Monday this week, and ran another one Wednesday & Friday. I will be starting a 10k program on Monday....aside from running I have really let my strength training slide, but plan on getting that back into full swing this week on Tuesdays and Thursdays

My husband and I are following a Paleo lifestyle as much as we can (mine is a bit loose as I rely on Greek yogurt and dairy as a main source of protein) but I've found that if I deprive myself of something "bad" that I want to eat for an extended period of time, I only want it more than if I had just had it and moved on. I do however have a problem with peanut M&Ms....

I do not have dumping syndrome. this is a blessing and a curse. I know that I have to be extremely careful. I think this is why I run, because I know in the long run if I do not exercise I will regain. 

My life has changed for the better 100% and if I had the chance to do it over again I would in a heartbeat. We went to Cancun before Christmas and I was able to wear a two piece high wasted bathing suit and not be self conscious, I take pride in the way that I look. My sex life is a million times more exciting and much more frequent. But most of all I've regained my happiness. Sometimes when I'm running I start to cry, just from how amazed I am that I can actually do it. I can run around with my baby at the dog park and not be out if breath. I climbed a mountain with zero complications. I have nothing to complain about. 

In the next year I plan to continue molding my eating habits to be able to find a balance between the things I need and the things I want. I want to continue running and training for the Tough Mudder with my husband,  I am in no way shape or form perfect, and I probably make a nutritional error every day,  but I take my life one day at a time. And where today I might have a Pringle, tomorrow I may have a carrot.,don't beat yourself up with the small stuff people. 

Jevika
on 1/4/14 3:22 am
RNY on 12/13/13

WAHOOO!!!! What a great story!! I can't wait to see if I am in the same place! ... I am sure I will be. I can do it!!   I see stories like your and I know it's only a matter of time and due diligence. Thanks for sharing!

mispysmom
on 1/4/14 4:15 am - elliot lake, Canada
Awesome!!! Im a beach lover and a self admitted tanning queen...its.gunna.be so much more.fun tanning in a two peice...i.rember when.u posted the swimsuit pixs.before ur trip :) u looked lovely! Im.gunna shoot for a similar style :) also i.love ur outlook on life and takeing it day by day!!

Amanda

SandraF0823
on 1/4/14 5:41 am - CA
RNY on 12/30/13

What a great, motivating update. My surgery date was 12/30/13. I hope that I am in such a good place next October.

Ms_Silly
on 1/4/14 5:46 am
That is awesome! Sounds like your doing great! I know what you mean about getting emotional too about the things you can accomplish now. No need to beat ourselves up as long as we are being honest with ourselves and keep pushing forward :)
2_be_me_again
on 1/4/14 7:28 am

Way to go toots!!!!!!  Rock on with your bad self!  Keep up the great work.

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Justcallmesuz
on 1/4/14 10:48 am
RNY on 05/08/13

Way to go!! Where are you in Texas?

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

AnnieD9999
on 1/5/14 7:00 am - Columbus, OH

I should really say Mexico, but we live in El Paso

mycherie000
on 1/4/14 12:47 pm

Good Job!!! I love reading everyone's stories and comparing problems, successes and vitamins! wink

karenp8
on 1/4/14 11:41 pm - Brighton, IL

You have done amazing! I know what yoU mean about changes-now I park at the back of the lot and walk in-because I can!