What's on the menu today, RNY-ers? Please post!

Dcgirl
on 1/6/14 11:51 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

Thanks for your participation so far in these daily diet posts.  I love seeing what you're eating - it helps me to see if I am on track.  It also holds me accountable.  And the best is that I get ideas from all of you!  So far I have noted down fajitas, ground turkey stuffed peppers, and yesterday I even bought a crockpot online to make chili.  And eventually I can't wait to take plain greek yogurt, flavor it with sugar-free banana pudding, and add a few walnuts and chocolate chips!  So thanks for all of the ideas!

My menu today (I am slowly making my way through leftovers so I apologize for the same menu items as yesterday :)

Time since surgery: 3 weeks, 1 day

Breakfast: Egg white frittatta with shallots, bacon and goat cheese

Lunch: 3 oz. grilled chicken with 1.5 tbsp of canned green chiles and 1/8 cup of lite Mexican cheese

Dinner: A Trader Joe's salmon burger with a dash of teriyaki sauce.

Snacks: Potentially a light and fit yogurt OR a Premier Protein shake in vanilla

Nutrition Totals: Without snacks, I will be at 447 calories, 67 g of protein, 11 g of carbs and 17 g of fat

Feel free to copy and paste the following and tell us all what you are eating!  

Time Since Surgery:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Snacks:

Nutrition Totals:

poet_kelly
on 1/7/14 12:32 am - OH

I had a protein shake for breakfast, then a protein bar for a snack.  Then I was still hungry, so I had a peach.

I think lunch is going to be leftover sloppy joes.  I made them Sunday and I still have enough left for one or two more servings.

I am going to eat my corn on the cob for dinner.  I was going to have it yesterday but then decided I wanted something else instead.

Snacks will be Greek yogurt and maybe some cheddar cheese.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnieD9999
on 1/7/14 1:34 am - Columbus, OH

Are you vegetarian? Just curious 

poet_kelly
on 1/7/14 1:35 am - OH

Yep.  For nearly 30 years now.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missella20
on 1/7/14 2:00 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I was going to ask you how to make vegetarian sloppy joes?

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

poet_kelly
on 1/7/14 2:01 am - OH

I use Morningstar Farms soy crumbles instead of ground beef.  Has the same texture.  I use it in chili, too.

Missella20
on 1/7/14 2:19 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Oh, sounds good. I thought maybe beans....

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

poet_kelly
on 1/7/14 2:34 am - OH

Beans would probably work.  Something like kidney beans that don't have a strong taste would just taste like the sloppy joe sauce.  But it wouldn't have the same texture.

pathchic
on 1/7/14 12:35 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Time Since Surgery: 5 months

Breakfast: Greek yogurt (6 oz), canned pears (no sugar, 1/2 c), granola (1/8 c)

Snacks: Glass of skim milk

Lunch: Lentil soup (1/2 cup, homemade)

Snacks: Cottage cheese (FF) with apple sauce (no sugar)

Dinner: Homemade chili (1/2 c) with tortilla chips

Nutrition Totals: 781 cal/62 protien

Exercise: 12000 steps

christinalee
on 1/7/14 12:41 am - At Home in, NH

2.5 years out...

B:  Oh-Boy Oatmeal (oatmeal/oat bran/PB2), turkey bacon

L:  Crustless Chicken Pot Pie, clementine

S:  greek yogurt/almonds

S:  protein bar

D: stuffed bell pepper, tossed salad

S:  FF hot cocoa, low carb protein-added zuchinni bread

Signed up for a body pump class this evening.  First time lifting weights since surgery in November.....whee!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 288 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 279 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?