Guilty... And not so guilty pleasures

AnnieD9999
on 1/7/14 4:50 am - Columbus, OH

I know there's a meal plan thread coming up everyday and that's all good and well. But while I was on my walk I started thinking about the things I eat now that I think are "bad" that would have been healthy to me before surgery.  So what I would like to know is what are some of the things y'all eat now when you just want to be bad. Here are my go to's

Chips & Salsa 

Chocolate covered strawberries

When I'm being super horrible, I'll have a handful of peanut M&Ms

so there's some of mine, what are y'all's? 

chulbert
on 1/7/14 5:40 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I have to admit going through quite a tortilla chip phase.  Lime-flavored Tostitos will get me every time.  :)

AnnieD9999
on 1/7/14 6:33 am - Columbus, OH

I make a blackbean dip that I loveeee lime tortilla chips with. 

chulbert
on 1/8/14 12:28 am, edited 1/8/14 12:29 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I want you to know that I hold you 100% responsible for the tortilla chips I ate last night.  SHAME ON YOU.

TattooMammaRN
on 1/8/14 9:22 pm

I love black beans, how do you make the dip?

Mary Catherine
on 1/7/14 5:54 am

Chips and salsa

Plain M&Ms

Quinnherd
on 1/7/14 5:57 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

A tsp of peanut butter and sugar free raspberry jam on one slice of whole wheat toast. Funny how that seems like cheating to me nowadays. 

baepage
on 1/7/14 6:05 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

A handful of animal crackers or cheeze its, I guess a handful every now and then is better than the entire box.

Barbara

Missella20
on 1/7/14 6:13 am
RNY on 07/11/13

3 tortilla chips with my chili or salsa.   Ha ha that IS funny! I guess I have been pretty honest on my new food plan. 

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

poet_kelly
on 1/7/14 6:40 am - OH

I definitely don't think you are being bad if you eat chips and salsa or chocolate covered strawberries.  But then, I don't think food choices are moral choices.  I don't think any food is bad and I definitely don't think people become bad based on the food they choose to eat.

It makes me kind of sad to see people posting that they think they are doing something bad if they eat three tortilla chips or one slice of toast with peanut butter and jelly.  I don't see anything at all wrong with that.  I mean if it's whole wheat toast, that's pretty healthy.  Fiber, protein, some fat (we need some fat in our diet)... and someone feels like they are doing something bad by eating that?

I am getting ready to eat two chocolate chip cookies.  I don't think that makes me bad.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.