What's on the menu today, RNY-ers? Please post!

Dcgirl
on 1/8/14 1:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi fellow RNY-ers,

I can't thank you enough for taking part in these daily posts - I have learned a lot from you already, noted down some awesome recipes, found some new friends and cohorts with similar surgery dates, and am learning the various personalities on the forum :)  

My week so far has been pretty boring food-wise, since I am traveling all next week and so I am trying to only eat things from the fridge and use them up so I don't have to throw away food.  So you may be noticing a lot of repetition!

In great news, although I am in the three week stall (GRRRR), I FINALLY HAVE A FEELING OF FULLNESS!!!  Unlike last week where I could easily eat 4 oz of food at a meal, starting last night, I felt really full after 4 oz.  So today I have had a 2 oz breakfast and likely a 1.5 oz lunch and I feel full.  Thank god.  This is a dream come true.  I guess it's true, my stomach nerves were healing and I can finally tell when I have had enough!!!!

So, my menu today (warning, it's boring)

Time since surgery: 3.5 weeks

Breakfast: 2 oz Wegman's 98% fat free turkey, 1/2 piece of bacon

Lunch: 1.5 oz of Trader Joe's grilled chicken strips, 1/2 tbsp of green chiles, 1 tbsp of Trader Joe's light Mexican cheese, nuked to be warm

Dinner: Morningstar Vegan Grillers patty with one slice of pepperjack cheese, a tsp of mustard and a tsp of ketchup

Nutrition: I haven't been having snacks, but this only brings me to 460 calories, 12 g oc carbs, and 60 g of protein.  So I think I should drink a Premier Protein drink this afternoon to get my protein up.  I know 60 is ok, but I consistently read that people are more sucessful when their protein and fluids are WAY up.  Truth?

Exercise/Vitamins/Water - no exercise today (will be at work late)/good on vitamins so far/at least 64 oz.

Feel free to copy and paste the below into your response :)

Time Since Surgery:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Snacks:

Nutrition:

Exercise/Vitamins/Fluids:

gooddaysunshine
on 1/8/14 1:44 am
RNY on 04/30/13

Time Since Surgery: 8 months

Breakfast: Premier Protein Drink

Lunch:  Homemade Northern Bean & Ham Soup

Dinner:  will be Turkey Burger patty & Cottage Cheese

Snacks: mid-morning string cheese stick, will be evening Premier Protein Drink

Nutrition:

Exercise/Vitamins/Fluids: 20 oz water so far plus the morning protein drink...morning calcium/vit D, multi vitamin evening, bedtime calcium/vit D

poet_kelly
on 1/8/14 1:55 am - OH

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - protein bar

Snack - peach

Lunch - the last of the sloppy joes

Dinner - Chipotle!  A burrito bowl with just a little brown rice, black beans, peppers and onions, salsa, cheese and a little bit of guacamole.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Spots- N-Dots
on 1/8/14 2:21 am, edited 1/8/14 2:26 am

5 months since surgery -

Breakfast:  hard boiled brown egg and Jennie O turkey bacon

Lunch:  1 cup baked butternut squash (made with 2 tbsp balsamic vinagrette, olive oil, salt n pepper) and 1/2 medium baked potato w/mozzarella cheese

Dinner: baked perch, tomato/cucumber salad

Snack: celery, handful vegetable sticks (sea salt), diet snapple, and 4 pickled beets

Dcgirl
on 1/8/14 3:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love love love Chipotle.  They have a new scrambled tofu, right?  I will look forward to getting a burrito bowl one day and having it last all week :)

poet_kelly
on 1/8/14 3:33 am - OH

I don't know about the tofu.  I haven't been there in a while but they didn't have it last time I was there.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dcgirl
on 1/8/14 6:20 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yep, at least here in DC they added tofu.  Hopefully you have it too!  I have heard it's delicious.

pathchic
on 1/8/14 2:17 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Time Since Surgery: 5 mo

Breakfast: skim milk, Greek yogurt with pears

Snack hard boiled egg

Lunch: Mixed greens with 2 oz of steak, blue cheese crumbles, oil and vinegar

Snack cottage cheese and pineapple

Dinner: Vegetable soup

Nutrition: 752 cal/78 g prot

Exercise: 12000 steps, 45 min circuit training

AnnieD9999
on 1/8/14 2:30 am - Columbus, OH

Time Since Surgery: 10 Months

Breakfast: Unsweetened Apple Sauce with Cinnamon and a Sweet n low

Snack: Protein Shake 

Lunch: Roast Beef/ Cheddar Roll ups

S: veggie dip and cucumbers

D: Chicken Fajitas

S: melted dark chocolate and fresh strawberries (maybe) 

christinalee
on 1/8/14 3:44 am - At Home in, NH

2.5 years out.

B:  turkey bacon, egg, low-carb toast

L:  meat loaf, lima beans, clementine

S:  greek yogurt/almonds

D:  pork tenderloin, 4 cheese mashed cauliflower, spinach salad 

S:  FF hot cocoa, low-carb high-protein zuchinni bread

Walked to gym at lunch and had a great workout on the ellipitcal plus I did a shortened version of my lifting routine.  Waiting to get clearance from doc about jumping back into weights so I took it slow and a bit light, but regardless, it felt good!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 285 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 278 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?