Labs

lbush1977
on 1/10/14 1:31 pm - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

Hi everyone,

I am coming up on my 6 month post op visit and am going to be getting labs. The following is what my surgeon has ordered for me.

CBC with diff

CMP

B1

RBC Folate

Ferritin

Iron (serum)

Parathyroid Hormone

Vitamin D

Lipid profile

Vit B12

Did they miss anything?

Thanks

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 7:41 pm - OH

Yeah, they missed a lot.  Vitamin A, zinc, copper, vitamin K, magnesium, prealbumin... I also get vitamin E and selenium and B6 but not everyone thinks those are necessary.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 1/10/14 10:05 pm - NH

Kelly, you probably told me this a dozen times but why not the other B`s?

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 10:10 pm, edited 1/10/14 11:06 pm - OH

For the same reason we get other vitamin levels drawn - we don't absorb them well because of the intestinal bypass.

ETA: Oops, I misread your question.  I don't get all the Bs checked because some deficiencies are really really rare.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 1/10/14 11:04 pm - NH

Confused?       do you get the B`s checked?    I think some go by other names.

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 11:05 pm - OH

I get some of them checked.  I get B1 (thiamine), B6, B9 (folate) and B12.

Most Active
Recent Topics