Grrrrrrr...!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/16/14 2:51 am - Baltimore, MD

No literally. Grrrrr….

Every.

Time.

I.

Eat!!!

Now mind you I am six years post-op so I roll with the punches on most things but this did not happen so much in my first 4.5 years after surgery. Now no matter what I eat — healthy or unhealthy, a little or a lot, protein or carb or fat — my stomach makes LOUD noises that are audible across a room.

I think my co-workers are used to it so I don’t bother feeling embarrassed anymore but sometimes I’m on a conference call and…there she goes!

Sigh. I wonder what’s causing this? I also wonder if it’s maybe a first symptom of something I should check out? I don’t know but my annual appointment is in a few weeks so I’ll ask then.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cunning_Pam
on 1/16/14 3:34 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Huh. I have this same issue, but I'm only a month out, so I kind of chalked it up to everything just kind of figuring out how to work again. I'll be interested to see if anyone has any comments or information! Here's also hoping that it's nothing major for you, but oh my, I can empathize with the issue...I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to eat in front of people again.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

cajungirl
on 1/16/14 4:02 am

This is interesting Nik.  I still makes noises occasionally but not near as much as in the first couple of years.  I would wonder if your food it hitting your intestinal track too quick....really I have no idea.  If you find out anything please let us know.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

MyLady Heidi
on 1/16/14 6:15 am

My stomach makes insane noises sometimes, it is crazy, but it has always been this way so I just ignore it.  Some things really make my stomach nuts, like nuts.  lol

selhard
on 1/16/14 7:39 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My DH of 32 years, never overweight a day in his life, has always had a very noisy stomach while mine was like the Great Dead Sea.  (I assumed it was his metabolism at work keeping him slim while I was sure I was born without a metabolism)  Does my pouch make noise?  Nope, nada...now just the Little Dead Sea!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/16/14 9:42 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My surgery was only 8 months ago, but my tummy is constantly loud enough to be heard on a conference call. I really don't even notice it any longer. I just think of it as having lost the sound insulation that was there before and hey--as long as I am not having a fart sneak out at work...I'm okay with a noisy gut!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

QoftheU
on 1/16/14 2:09 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Have you tried pro-biotics? The real ones they sell at health food stores in the refrigerator (live). They make a HUGE difference for me - I take them twice a day (little pills), and they always work. Just a suggestion!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

heatkli
on 6/23/14 5:33 am

The same thing happens to me. Especially, if it is in a quiet room!!! It is so embarrassing!

Pre-Op 16 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?