Introduction

Kathiestephens55
on 1/21/14 10:34 pm
RNY on 01/07/14

Good morning. My name is Kathie and I am 58, married with soon to be 11 grandchildren. I live primarily in Ohio but my home is Tennessee and my doctors are in TN so this is where I had surgery January 7 and am recuperating. I am retired from a career in web development. I enjoy the site and it's been an encouragement and informative to me since my preop phase. My starting weight was 341 and at my two week post-op visit yesterday I was 298. I advanced to phase 2 puréed proteins yesterday and will be on those for two weeks.  I look forward to meeting others here and continuing to hear your stories and comments. 

my experience has been very positive and I have no regrets!  I encourage those who are preparing for surgery to do what your plan says.  Follow it to the letter and hopefully your experience will be great!  

Take care of yourselves and good health to all!

MaryAnn1972
on 1/21/14 10:44 pm

Welcome Kathie.....Congrats on your success so far and more to come!!!!  Look forward to hearing about your journey.  I am just starting out and have my psych eval next month.  Love this site and again look forward to hearing more from you!!!!  Take care!!!

Kathiestephens55
on 1/21/14 11:29 pm
RNY on 01/07/14

Thank you, MaryAnn.  Congratulations on your decision and good luck and health as you go through your journey as well. 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/21/14 11:54 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Welcome!

What was your surgery weight?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Kathiestephens55
on 1/22/14 12:05 am
RNY on 01/07/14

I weighed 309 on my surgery date. 

selhard
on 1/21/14 11:58 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Wow, two weeks post-op...bet you are enjoying a long nap or two each day?  Those first few weeks, I felt like I wanted to conquer the world; guess that's how it feels when you're full of an immense amount of relief and hopeful for what the future has to hold.  Life is good;  they don't call it the "honeymoon period" for nothing!  Your WLS should have you enjoying those 11 grandchildren longer :)

Kathiestephens55
on 1/22/14 12:06 am
RNY on 01/07/14

Thanks so much. 

karenp8
on 1/22/14 3:09 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to have you join us Kathie! Glad to hear you are recovering well as you begin your journey. Enjoy your ride!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 512 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 401 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 12 views
Recent Topics