Chewable Calcium Costco

kbinaz
on 1/29/14 9:57 am, edited 1/29/14 9:58 am

I was just at Costco and they have Calcium Citrate Chews in a bag of 600 for $13.99!  These are similar to the Bariatric Advantage Chewy Bites and are about 1/10th the price.  I have to take 6 of these a day, which means I'll only have to buy them every three months!  I'm excited - I love those things!  I imagine I'm eating a Tootsie Roll when I take them!  (250 mg each, and they are sugar free)

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 10:03 am - OH

Are you sure they are calcium citrate, not carbonate?  What brand are they?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kbinaz
on 1/29/14 10:11 am

Kirkland - they are exactly like the chewy bites from BA - chocolate flavor.  99.9 sure they were Calcium Citrate, but since you asked I'm now doubting myself.  I'll check before I buy them.  Going back tomorrow and will let everyone know.  

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 10:13 am - OH

The reason I'm asking is because, if they are calcium citrate, they are a new product and it's pretty exciting because up 'til now, the only place I've found chewable calcium citrate in a store is at  Vitamin Shoppe.  Otherwise, it had to be ordered online.  It would be awesome if some place like Costco carried it.   Wouldn't help me, there is no Costco anywhere around here, but it would still be awesome for many people.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 1/29/14 10:14 am
RNY on 02/06/13

The ones I found there were Calcium Carbonate.  If you found Citrate -- could you post a link?? I would love a less expensive alternative!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 10:15 am - OH

Are these the ones?  They are calcium carbonate, unfortunately.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 1/29/14 11:35 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Kelly is right, the calcium chews from Costco are calcium carbonate and those wont help you.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

BrandNewMe2014
on 1/29/14 11:47 pm

May I ask, is chewable just a preference or is it difficult to take pills after the surgery?  I know it was tough to take pills with the band when it was correctly adjusted, just curious if the sensation is the same. Thanks.

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 12:54 am - OH

It's not difficult for most people to swallow pills after RNY.

BrandNewMe2014
on 1/30/14 1:24 am

that's good news, thanks.  I have never really had trouble with the idea of taking pills but when I had my working band I found out how difficult it can be.  I personally do not usually care for chewable vitamins as I don't like the taste,  at least the taste of any I've had so far anyway.

Most Active