Chewable Calcium Costco

PetHairMagnet
on 1/30/14 11:18 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM Pacific Time, BrandNewMe2014 wrote:

May I ask, is chewable just a preference or is it difficult to take pills after the surgery?  I know it was tough to take pills with the band when it was correctly adjusted, just curious if the sensation is the same. Thanks.

I felt too full and could not get my protein in when I swallowed pills (especially the calcium horse pills) and so I went to chewables. I am now on all swallow pills but I am over 8 months out, too. My husband continues to prefer chewables. They still make me full, but because I can get in a whole shake or a 1/3 cup of a dense protein, I am able to get all my protein in even with the swallow pill schedule.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TurnThePage
on 1/30/14 1:26 am

Aside from which form of calcium they are, how much calcium is in each?  If you have to eat a pile of them to get 1,500-2,000 units per day, the price advantage may disappear.

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 2:26 am - OH

Since they are calcium carbonate, you'd probably  need to eat an entire bag every day to get enough calcium.  Which of course would be ridiculously expensive, plus super high in calories, and that much calcium carbonate would quite likey give you kidney stones.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pdxmommyof4
on 1/30/14 2:28 am

This is the Calcium Citrate on sale at Costco.  I have a long way to go, but if I could buy vitamins when on sale, that could be good.  Are we able to use these?

http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature™-Calcium-Citrate-500-mg,-500-Tablets.product.11672433.html

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 2:31 am - OH

Yeah, any brand of calcium citrate is OK.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kbinaz
on 1/30/14 4:32 am

Yeah, went back to Costco and they aren't Calcium Citrate. So bummed. 

No, go, it's not hard to swallow pills after RNY, I have just always hated swallowing them. Plus I like the chocolate chews - I carry some in my purse and they make a nice snack! 

The Calcium Citrate swallowable pills at Costco are fine. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 172 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views