"You're really skinny!"

averybyrd
on 2/2/14 11:24 pm

That was what one of my 7th graders told me out of the blue this morning! I'm not actually really skinny, but I am a hell of a lot closer to really normal. Still, it made me feel SO good! This wasn't even a nice kid!

Ocalasam
on 2/2/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Hahaha!  It's the kids that aren't all that nice that have no filter and say exactly what they think. . . so, it was probably a very genuinely honest statement!!! 

karenp8
on 2/3/14 3:20 am - Brighton, IL

Wait til you get to goal! Congratulations!

PetHairMagnet
on 2/3/14 5:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My mom was a teacher, so your last line really made me laugh. I heard her say that many times over the years. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

nurl
on 2/3/14 7:07 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Congrats!!! Some of the people at work are so used to seeing really overweight that now they keep telling me I am too thin, I'm not but it is so nice to hear

AR_Queen
on 2/3/14 8:13 am
RNY on 05/29/13

Kids crack me up!  I have 2 teenage sons, and the reactions of their friends are so funny.  I never really thought kids (especially boys!) paid that much attention to stuff like that, but I have heard from my sons, and also from their friends parents, what their reactions were when they saw me for the first time in a long time.  My older son's friend's reaction... "Dude...is that your MOM??!!??"  Hilarious!!

dawgtchr
on 2/3/14 10:09 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Kids are HILARIOUS!!  My middle school students commented to me... "hey... you done got skinny."  And they notice how differently I dress too. (I wear skirts more now).  Funny to me because I've haven't been skinny since I was born.  Kudos to YOU!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics