wasabi

angie1973
on 2/14/14 4:04 pm
RNY on 09/25/13

I am thinking about trying Wahabis flavored edemame for crunch snack but wondering what does Wahabis taste like what is is similar in taste like to. I hope it's not like teriyucky lol.

Angie1973 

MyLady Heidi
on 2/14/14 4:06 pm

There is no real wasabi in America, it just horseradish dyed green.

QoftheU
on 2/15/14 1:31 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I know - so depressing!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

saterry
on 2/14/14 6:17 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

hot ! like horseradish ......they make wasabi peas.......jus****ch the calories. Very easy to overeat this snack !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Mary Catherine
on 2/14/14 6:21 pm

It is a very hot type of horseradish.  Might be delicious with edemame.  I craved very hot spicy things right after surgery.  Only had edemame once and it caused me terrible gas.

christinalee
on 2/14/14 11:11 pm - At Home in, NH

wasabi is Japanese horseradish.  Horseradish is a hot (clearing out your sinus kind of hot).  The nice thing about wasabi as opposed to jalepeno hot is that wasabi and horseradish are hot in your mouth for a moment and then the heat dissipates.  Conversely, when you eat chili/jalapeno hot, it lingers on your tongue and in your mouth for a long time.  Love wasabi!  Clears you sinus, gives your mouth that spice and reminder you've eaten something.  If you like spice and foods with a kick, go for it!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Cunning_Pam
on 2/15/14 2:10 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I dislike spicy food, but I LOVE wasabi! I don't care if it's just green colored horseradish here in the US, since I love horseradish on its own too. (Did you know there's a horseradish festival in Illinois every year? I plan to go this year!)

Anyway, as has been mentioned above, wasabi will give you a big ole kick, and then it goes away, unlike the heat from peppers. If you have sinus problems, wasabi will help you out there! The wasabi peas are good; I found wasabi chick peas in a local store and I like them even better.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

barb.k
on 2/15/14 10:20 am - Williamson, GA

I too love wasabi in fact wasabi peas was a problem over indulgence food for me. I recently tried roasted chic peas and was thinking of doing them next time with wasabi.

barb.k

Bibo
on 2/16/14 10:29 am

okay, just the other day i had some nuts and raisins and stuff in a little cup and just for kicks i tossed in several dried wasabi peas.  I was surfing the net and munching on my one ounce little measured "trail mix" and every now and then, I would pick up one and my voice would go up about 6 octaves higher..."ooooh! there's a wasabi pea!"   good stuff.

Most Active
Recent Topics