7 days Post opt and a question

worldtraveler07
on 2/19/14 12:16 am
Revision on 02/12/14 with

I just had my surgery last week and I am struggling with drinking the protein drinks. All of them make me sick and I am getting desperate. I called my doc's office and they told me to just keep trying the broth which I did, but I feel run down and have little energy. I have lost almost 20 lbs to date, but at the expense of getting the protein. Very open to suggestions at this point because I go back to work tomorrow and will need my energy. Lots of nausea and no hunger.

chaly
on 2/19/14 1:09 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Try mixing your protein shakes with different things milk, water, almond milk, ect.  Also experiment with different degrees of heat.  Before surgery I drank my protein with milk straight from the fridge now I drink it with very hot tab water.  Also in the begining I worked on just getting 2 oz in every half hour. It helped for me to break it up in small increments.  I still get nauseous on my protein but I know I just have to do it.  Good luck

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/19/14 4:40 am - OH

Also, of you have only tried the milky kind, try some of the Syntrax nectar fruit flavors or some of the ready to drink protein waters (Cytomax, Isopure).  Many people tolerate those better

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

southernpeachnc
on 2/19/14 7:44 am

I couldn't take the shakes anymore post surgery.  On this site I read about: Isopure Protein Drinks. I get mine from GNC. They have "40" grams of protein, no carbs and 160 calories.  Most people like them as there are many flavors to choose from.  I to as others on this site love the grape flavor.  No it doesn't make me sick. I like many of the other flavors as well.  Drink it from the bottle or as I like to do pour it over ice.  

It was such a relief when I found these.  I to have used the Syntac Nectar but prefer these.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
Recent Topics