concerned

Lea Terrell
on 2/22/14 12:53 am
almost 8 weeks out and the last 3 days seems like whatever I eat- yogurt, eggs, soup, protein bar, sometimes water...I feel sick to my stomach and have to lay down. My insides start to gurgle and I feel like "dear Lord if I could only vomit" The other night I had some bacon (which has not bothered me before)and I was down for the count for 3 hours. Anyone else experience this?

RNY - 12/26/2013.  H W: 278.   SW: 230                                                                                                     

Kathiestephens55
on 2/22/14 1:29 am
RNY on 01/07/14

Interesting. I'm a few days beyond six weeks out and I am having problems with food. It seems to land hard in my pouch and makesme very uncomfortable with pain and a lot of burping for hours. I am supposed to eat soft meats and veggies and fruits. I'm having to use supplemt protein shakes to get in protein. I do well to get an ounce of meat in until I can't go anymore. Calling dr Monday. Good luck getting to the bottom of your problem. 

Lea Terrell
on 2/22/14 3:06 am

Thanks so much, I have an appointment next week now also.  I have been eating softer protein like shrimp, I even eat a pork loin for breakfast, but man this has been ugly.  I ate some string cheese about 10 minutes ago...waiting to see how it sits.  Again, thank you for your reply, good luck on your doctor appointment, I will check back to see what your update is.

Have a wonderful day!

Tiffaniejb
on 2/22/14 1:54 am

I'm about 9 weeks out, and the past few days I've felt awful.  I had to leave work early one day because my tummy was so upset.  I had not had anything new either.  It was so weird.  

Lea Terrell
on 2/22/14 3:07 am

I spoke with my friend Rhonda who had a sleeve about 2 months before my surgery, she said she it a wall at this same time period...odd isn't it?!  

I wish you the best, thanks so much for your response.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/14 12:40 am

As far as I know - around that time the nerves in your pouch start healing and you start feeling it and its reaction to food. I still remember that during that time  I had to decrease the qty of food I was eating.  I also started dealing with GB issues... And that sucked. Eventually my GB came out (6 months after my RNY) and after a few months things got better. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lea Terrell
on 2/23/14 7:44 pm

I was wondering if the nerves had somehow started to regenerate feeling, thanks so much.  I have done what you said, I am cutting back the amount I am eating at each meal now, eating a few snacks of protein instead of trying to get it all in at each meal, it is helping greatly.  I watch your posts all the time, thank you so much for your input.  I am hoping that the GB will not be an issue, but if it has to come out then so be it. Again thanks much for your post.

I hope you are well! 

Most Active
Recent Topics