What's on your menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 3/12/14 2:33 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hola everyone!  Short post today - work is insane - but as you know, this post keeps me accountable and I love to see what you guys are eating!

B: One hard-boiled egg.  I had two yesterday (my plan calls for 3 meals and no snacks so I have to try to pack in protein) but it made me full, and one was a much better choice for me.

L: Leftover shirataki noodles (less than 1/3 a cup) with an al fresco jalapeño chicken sausage, prepared with garlic and a touch of olive oil and a tbsp of parmesan cheese

D: Leftover chicken and shrimp fajitas from last night (one plate at a restaurant is 4 meals) consisting of shrimp, chicken, cheese, onions and a dollop of sour cream

S: I have to have a cavity filled at 4:15 and then I have Zumba at 5:30 so I may see if I can chew a string cheese on the other side of my mouth before class so I don't pass out lol

E: Zumba (my first time at my gym - I hope no one laughs at me!)

W: 40 oz. in already.  I always get 70+ ounces :)

V: Ugh.  I cannot wait until I finish my calcium citrate "petites".  I gag.  Gonna try putting Upcal-D in my drinks once I get through this bottle.

What's on your menu today?

Em

P.S. If someone can PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me figure out how to post a pic in the forum, I would owe you forever.  I contacted member services and their solution does not work. I go into My Photos, I right click on the photo (I even tried highlighting it) and I don't get the menu that says copy, I get one that gives me the option to copy image.  Then when I try to paste it in the forum, it pastes the name of the pic (.jpg).  It is SO frustrating.  Thank you!!!

Ocalasam
on 3/12/14 2:52 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Three meals a day with no snacks must be so hard!!!  That's actually what my surgeon recommeded too, but I couldn't do it.  I can only eat a small amount at a time (especially early out - even now, though with dense protein) and I would never meet my calorie or protein requirements if I didn't have snacks.  My blood sugar also tends to drop if I don't eat at least every 3 hours and I feel horrible.  I just have to be diligent with keeping track of what I eat and NOT graze, which I don't.  I plan every meal and snack (as much as possible).

B: Premier chocolate Protein shake

L: garlic, spinach, chicken sausage

S: 2 tbs peanut butter

D: not sure yet - going out

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

Dcgirl
on 3/12/14 3:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I do wonder, as I see that 99% of the people on here do 3 small meals and 2 snacks.  In order to make protein, I normally have to have one snack.  I am worried about "normalizing" two snacks and watching calories creep up.  I think I need to play it by ear each day.  Why do plans vary so damn much?!  I love chicken sausage - which is your favorite?  I love one that I can only get at Costco, so I generally have some from Trader Joe's or Harris Teeter.

Kenyatta W.
on 3/12/14 2:56 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

It took me awhile to figure out how to post my pics on threads. What you need to do is have two tabs or two windows open with OH, then you go into your pic album, right click to copy, go into your second tab or window to paste it in your thread.

Time since surgery: 14 months 5 days

B: Protein coffee, 1/3c egg whites scrambled with 1/8c blue cheese crumbles, 2 slices regular bacon

S1: 1 oz Turkey jerky

L: Leftovers.... 2.5 oz baked Chicken Tenderlion with gravy and veggies, 1/8 c cooked spinach

S2: 4 pieces Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites (homemade) with 1/8 c Low Fat Creamy Blue Cheese Dip ( homemade)

D: Leftovers.... 2.5 oz baked Chicken Tenderlion with gravy and veggies, 1/8 c cooked spinach

S3: Quest protein bar

E: If weather promits, a snowy mess; Elliptical 45 mins, 30 mins total body weights

W/Vites: On target

Totals.... Calories 899, Protein 119 grams, Carbs 28 grams, Fats 21 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 3/12/14 3:15 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Kenyatta!  That's totally convoluted but not surprising, given the structure of this site lol!  You must share your bacon wrapped chicken recipe.  It sounds freaking amazing!

Kenyatta W.
on 3/12/14 5:35 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Bacon wrapped chicken are so delish!!!! I had made mines spicy like buffalo chicken wings but you can add any spices you like to it. I actually got the recipe off of www.skinnytaste.com and the low fat blue cheese dressing recipe as well.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced in 1 inch length (about 30 pieces)

10 center cut REGULAR bacon (don't be affraid of pork LOL) cut in thirds (30 pieces)

Toothpicks

Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the chicken breast cutlet and secure it with a toothpick. Once all breast cutlets are wrapped with

Turn oven to 375 ( I also used my broiler once done baking to add crisp and a darker color to bacon) bake for 22 -25 mins

3 Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites; Calories 70, Fat 2 grams, Carbs 0 grams, Protein 12.1 grams

Enjoy!!!! =)

Kenyatta

NDHM
on 3/12/14 3:24 am
I want the bacon wrapped chicken recipe also.
Kenyatta W.
on 3/12/14 5:36 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Bacon wrapped chicken are so delish!!!! I had made mines spicy like buffalo chicken wings but you can add any spices you like to it. I actually got the recipe off of www.skinnytaste.com and the low fat blue cheese dressing recipe as well.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced in 1 inch length (about 30 pieces)

10 center cut REGULAR bacon (don't be affraid of pork LOL) cut in thirds (30 pieces)

Toothpicks

Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the chicken breast cutlet and secure it with a toothpick. Once all breast cutlets are wrapped with

Turn oven to 375 ( I also used my broiler once done baking to add crisp and a darker color to bacon) bake for 22 -25 mins

3 Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites; Calories 70, Fat 2 grams, Carbs 0 grams, Protein 12.1 grams

Enjoy!!!! =)

Kenyatta

NDHM
on 3/12/14 5:46 am

YUM!! Thanks

laura343
on 3/12/14 3:11 am

DCgirl

Right click on picture in profile and use the copy image.  then when you go to post a message just click in message and hit Control V to paste.  The right click to paste doesn't work for me either but when i used my Control V the picture copied over.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views