Need Some Monday Motivation!

Gail S.
on 3/16/14 8:08 pm - New York, NY

I'm 4 years post-op. I lost over 100 pounds and had easily kept it off - until now. A huge lifestyle change caused me to gain ten pounds. Ten pounds isn't a lot to some people - my clothes still fit, others can't tell..-but ten pounds is huge to me. My biggest fear is ten becomes twenty which becomes thirty. I'm on a mission to lose it and just need a little encouragement and support. Happy Monday all!

Lea Terrell
on 3/16/14 10:31 pm

You will knock those 10 lbs off in a heartbeat!  I can't wait to say that I have lost 100 lbs!  We are all human, you know that "old girl" inside you and you won't let her beat you! 

Have a great week!

RNY - 12/26/2013.  H W: 278.   SW: 230                                                                                                     

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/14 11:23 pm

You can take the ten off you know you can do it.You lost 100 pounds so you know you can lose.Best Wishes.

karenp8
on 3/17/14 12:22 am - Brighton, IL

You know and we know that you can do this. Remember how great you felt at that lower weight? You can be there again if you just make conscious good choices. Take it one choice and one step at a time. Park farther out in the parking lot at the store. Make sure to get your fluids and vitamins in each day. Find a type of exercise that you like and can fit into your schedule. And keep posting here too!

tdbull
on 3/17/14 12:32 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
You've made the first steps by reaching out to OH for support and holding yourself accountable. Go back to basics. You got this!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 3/17/14 2:46 am
RNY on 05/13/13

You are wise to put the brakes on at 10 lbs! It should be a lot to anyone...I know as I lose it I consider it a lot!

Is it that you are off track in eating, breaking basics like eating/drinking, or not exercising or???

There is a back on track group here and if you need encouragement on activity, the exercise forum is a good spot. I am not even a year out, so I have no direct advice beyond those resources.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

siberiancat
on 3/17/14 6:40 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

It is work.  Not like when we had the RNY and the first 18 months!.  Going back to your Bariatric program is a good place to start.  Keep a daily food journal.  Write everything you eat and the amount.  Total after lunch so you can determine what you need to eat in  the evening.  I'm tracking calories, grams protein, grams carbohydrate and ounces of fluid ( you may want to track something else).

Get rid of empty calories - for me that would be anything white (bread, crackers, pasta, white rice, white potatoes and sugar). Throw out junk food - high calorie with little nutrition value - even sugar free carbs like cookies, ice cream other "treats".  Stay away from fast food places.  Look at food labels - look at serving size and calorie, carb, sugar, protein ingredients per serving.

For me - I'm eating more fresh vegetables & fruit.  Also, working in protein powder to get me 80gm protein minimum.

May need to exercise or step up exercise.  Weigh daily (for me it is after I get up and pee).

I also find reading OH daily and reading a book on nutrition helpful.

Others will give you good advice.  The above works for me.  Best wishes, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics