Newbie...

TallGirlCO
on 3/31/14 6:34 am

Hi all....                                                                                                                       

I'm new to OH and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  I have read many of your posts over the last couple of weeks.  I am incredibly motivated and inspired!  I live in a suburb of Denver with my wonderful husband and two little boys (2 & 5).  I work full time...life is rather busy!  I am scheduled for RNY on 4/7 at 9:00 am.  I decided to look into WLS about 3 months ago and it has been a quick process.  I am incredibly thankful for that, but a bit overwhelmed.  I look forward to getting to know you!

~Rachel

JJ0609
on 3/31/14 6:48 am, edited 3/31/14 6:48 am

Glad you found the site before surgery. It answers a lot of your questions. I will do my part at trying to help you. Good luck. My prayers are with you. (I am new here too.)

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

TallGirlCO
on 3/31/14 6:54 am

Thank you!  I really appreciate it.   

jazzycatz
on 3/31/14 7:29 am - Joppa, MD

3 months is pretty quick. Congratulations! It is overwhelming at first. I studied all the information my surgeons practice gave me and right after surgery I couldn't remember most of it.  Fortunately I had put it all in a binder and had time while I was recovering to relearn it all.

You can find a lot of support and a lot of good advice here.

Welcome aboard!

TallGirlCO
on 3/31/14 7:50 am

Thank you!  There will definitely be a lot of "relearning" going on!  I appreciate your support.

Finding_Feather
on 3/31/14 7:50 am

Hi Rachel, I'm fairly new too and scheduled for RNY on 4/25!

TallGirlCO
on 3/31/14 7:53 am

Cool!  4/25 will be here before you know it!  Good luck with everything.  I look forward to following your success!

PetHairMagnet
on 3/31/14 7:56 am
RNY on 05/13/13

WELCOME! Are you a self-pay? That is UBER quick!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TallGirlCO
on 3/31/14 8:07 am

Hi there...nope...I have United Health Care.  It just came together quickly. Love your picture.  We have an Italian Greyhound and we are asked a lot if he is a whippet.

selhard
on 3/31/14 8:27 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

At the risk of being wrong, I question the quick WLS process and admission of overwhelmed feelings...it's not coming across as wise??

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 230 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics