Sippy Cups

Lisa W.
on 4/18/14 10:29 pm - Denver, CO

Last night at my Bariatric support group the gave us a 6 pack of baby sippy cups i was wondering did anyyone else use them or is it just my group that supports using them i also chew on straws while i quit smoking.

Lisa Willis

poet_kelly
on 4/18/14 11:14 pm - OH

I didn't use one and it never occurred to me.  Why do they encourage you to use one?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MissyMe2
on 4/22/14 11:49 am

The packet I got from the surgeon's office says we don't need to buy anything special for after surgery except for a blender if we don't have one.  It specifically says we don't need baby utensils (is a cup a utensil?) that we just need to take small bites with a regular spoon or fork, chew everything very very well, and take small drinks until our tummies heal. It seems kind of silly to buy special cups to use for just a couple of weeks.

It also says not to buy baby food to eat which I would never have thought to do anyway because it is disgusting!

Missy

Lisa W.
on 4/23/14 3:22 am - Denver, CO

They gave them to us just a part of a surgery package as in chapsticks and socks to help us a a gift box thing and to encourage s,mall sips no straws and we also go baby utensils just as a reminder the nut says.

Lisa Willis

jazzycatz
on 4/23/14 4:02 am - Joppa, MD

When I was pre-op it was a suggestion that patients might want to use sippy cups. Mostly for the lid. It helps some who are turned off by the smell of their protein shakes. I believe the smaller size is to help fool you about how much you are taking in so the quantity seems like more.

I never used them.

Lori W.
on 4/23/14 11:47 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

I vote for the bad protein powder smell issue. I have a small - I think 16 oz. - Rubbermaid shaker bottle that has a lid with a drinking spout that works well. 

jazzycatz
on 4/23/14 10:33 pm - Joppa, MD

I think I have the exact same thing. But I want to say mine came as a gift with a protein shake order. Unjury probably.  It was a good option to have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views