5 day pouch test

Susan2012
on 4/23/14 4:35 am

Has anyone been successful with this??

Im 2 1/2 yrs out and halve regained about 8 pounds. I don't want this to continue so I'm thinking this may help..

does anyone have any input about this??

JJ0609
on 4/23/14 5:25 am

I was desperate and went against the Veteran's wisdom and advice and tried it-I lost nothing but gained a headache. I had to go back to the basics and ensure that I was following my maintenance plan. Protein and water as high as I could get it and low carbs. Exercising daily. Good luck!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

shedo
on 4/23/14 6:49 am

HI Susan, 

I am with you.  I will almost be 2 years out and worried my eating is bad.  I am going to follow same thing.  Protein first, then veggies, then carb.  Tons of water and 100 g. protein per day.

Needanewbeginning
on 4/23/14 7:03 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Back to basics, don't fall for another diet or pouch reset, all nonsence. You know what yo do, follow the program. 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

poet_kelly
on 4/23/14 9:01 am - OH

Did fad diets ever help you before you had WLS?  They aren't likely to be helpful now, either.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Susan2012
on 4/23/14 9:26 am

Ok back to the basics!! Thanks. 

QoftheU
on 4/24/14 2:58 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

The "5 day pouch test" is absolute GARBAGE.

The very very simple solution to losing weight is less calories in and more calories burned.

That's it.

So, go back to basics: 70 grams of protein MINIMUM, tons of water, track track track, no white carbs.  Three meals, two snacks - watch the carbs (and I mean good carbs - the bad ones are entirely off the table). 

You can do it!!!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views