scared/happy

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 5:34 am
Lap Band on 05/31/12

I am scared I don't know why I should be happy I have a failed band so I am getting a revision to rny. Thank God my insurance approved it in a month. I have to do RNY because I have GERD from the band and other issues but my question is how long of a surgery is this and will my weight lost be very slow. 

CelticSoul
on 4/26/14 6:15 am

caramela , 

If this surgery is done laparoscopically it's not a long surgery at all.  If I hadn't seen my areas where the lap ports went, I would not have

known I had surgery.  Very very little pain.  Everybody starts out on liquids, then, progresses to soft foods, then onward to solids per MD's schedule.

Very rapid weight loss initially.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Celtie

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 6:24 am
Lap Band on 05/31/12

Thanks! You have lost a lot how long ago was yours!

CelticSoul
on 4/26/14 6:28 am

I had my surgery on 4/3/12-Just over 2 yrs ago.  Good luck!

karenp8
on 4/26/14 6:49 am - Brighton, IL

It is a very easy surgery when it is done laproscopically. I had an easy recovery and lost weight quickly at first. I have lost 140 pounds and am about two years out. I lost my weight in a little over 9 months. I was overweight or obese my whole life and now am at the ow end of a normal bmi.I love it when people call me tiny now!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 8:40 am
Lap Band on 05/31/12

It is laproscopic but I am guessing that since I am going to have the band removed at the same time it maybe lots of scar tissue.  Thanks! Everyone for your help. I am aiming for 6/10/14 date hoping my surgeon can do it that week and taking 3 weeks off work. How long was your pre-op diet.

SuzinDallas
on 4/26/14 9:36 am

I am also having my band removed and getting RNY.  One of the issues I was having is GERD so it's the best choice for me too.  My Dr also said he's seen a lot of problems with people who had band and get the sleeve because of scar tissue on the stomach from the band.  Either way, I need to be rid of the GERD.

My surgery is on May 2nd, Friday and the fear has fully set in!  I know it will be ok in the end but it's getting so close!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

tdbull
on 4/26/14 10:40 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I had the same surgery. Other than complications from having my gallbladder removed at the same time, the revision surgery was easy. I am so happy to have my band gone, and haven't had reflux issues once since my surgery. Wishing you the same results!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 10:25 pm
Lap Band on 05/31/12

You all are so right this GERD is a killer and paying $100 a month for the medication is not helping me neither and it sometimes doesn't work but I have tried all the other GERD meds and its the best for me along with the $25 cough syrup that I take and that's just for GERD. I am just about willing to do anything to shake this GERD.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 10:32 pm
Lap Band on 05/31/12

Suzi you will do great and for you all that have the band do you have to do a pre - op diet

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views