question for anybody with a Tummy Tuck

Rita180
on 5/3/14 1:53 pm - colorado springs, CO

I had my Tummy tuck on 4/15/14 and I am still on a drain bleeding they took 1 drain out and I still have to much blood coming out of the other one. Does anybody else have had that problem and is this somewhat normal. I am getting concerned, I have another Dr. appointment next Wednesday and hope to bring it down to 30 cc in a 24 hour period I am still on 50cc at this time. I also have an issue with the incision side it is very sticky and my binder gets stuck to it, any tips on how to fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marita

Vivian Prouty
on 5/3/14 2:03 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Marita....try putting a sanitary napkin ( Kotex ) up against it where the incission is weeping.   I think I used the Always extra long ones.    As far as the drains goes....I had mine for about 5 weeks or at least one of them.   I had a lower body lift though which is worse than a TT.   Everyone's body is different with the draining.    Try to be patient and not ru**** out.    They will keep you from getting infected.    Good luck and hope you can have it removed.    I remember they were a big pain.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Rita180
on 5/4/14 12:35 am - colorado springs, CO

Thanks Vivian, I was just concerned about infection the drain is the only thing that still causes a little pain every once in a while can't wait to get it out.

Marita

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/14 3:13 pm - OH

Yes, having continued drainage is very normal. 

You can buy surgical abdominal pads (Like these (but you can get them cheaper elsewhere) or you can use sanitary napkins. My incision tuned necrotic and was "open" for almost 5 months so I bought a BUNCH of the abdominal pads.  If your binder holds them tightly, you won't need tape.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rita180
on 5/4/14 12:33 am - colorado springs, CO

Thanks for the tip I will get some

Marita

White Dove
on 5/4/14 12:50 am - Warren, OH

I had to stop trying to move around all the time and sit with my feet up all day.  When I finally did that the drainage slowed down and I could get them removed. Mine came out at three weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Betty S.
on 5/4/14 1:24 am - Mesa, AZ

I went home with 2 drains, and one came out quick, but the other took FOREVER...

I went to wal mart and bought a few mens undershirts (wifebeater style) and wore those under my binder.

indybuttercup
on 5/4/14 4:27 am - Indianapolis, IN

Had mine 3/14. 1 Drain still in and draining a lot had total body lift. Maxi pads r a blessing for insision

Rita180
on 5/4/14 12:14 pm - colorado springs, CO

I would like to thank everybody for the replies, I greatly appreciate it and I have gotten me some pads and shirts and will just wait until my drain comes out.

Thanks again,

Marita

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views