How much weight comes off with skin removal an leg work

Catie780
on 5/2/14 12:04 pm

Hi. I am beginning to see how horrible I look with excess skin and horrid legs. The wrinkles, pickles and hanging everywhere is so demoralizing when I begin to think of swimming ANYWHERE ! Even in my own backyard -  yeah I know last year I was out there but this year I feel so ugly  without great bra, lee riders with spandex and wrap style tops that accentuate a smaller waist line. I need ideas about brands n bra lined suits.  Please,  I appreciate any help. It may seem trivial but I am freaking out about becoming a hermit even though I have lost almost 80 lbs and love my new body -in clothes ! I don't want to be a shy hermit hiding from the world all summer. 

poet_kelly
on 5/2/14 12:31 pm - OH

It depends on how much extra skin you have and what procedures you have done.   Usually not as much as people seem to think.  Generally not more than 10 lbs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Catie780
on 5/2/14 12:49 pm

Thanks for responding. I am jumping over to plastics forum and learning a little. Not sure when I should be considering it.

Gotta figure out how to deal with the self hate stuff. :-( ,Even though I am grateful for my success after RNY. 'Cant wear my jeans in the pool

poet_kelly
on 5/2/14 12:50 pm - OH

Usually I think they say to wait until your weight has been stable for at least six months before doing any plastics.

I recommend therapy for the self hate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

brancape
on 5/2/14 3:47 pm

Check this website out.  I have the black dress.  With a sheer under shirt (they used to sell one and might still make it for you) I feel fabulous!  Good luck!

RNY on 10/21/13

Did I miss the link to the website somewhere?

LAP RNY 10.21.13  Pounds lost by month: 1: 34 2: 25 3: 16 4: 12 5: 7 6: 18 7: 10 8: 8 9:15 10:10 11: 10  12:  Total so far: 190! pounds

southernpeachnc
on 5/3/14 8:32 am

You didn't attach the website.  Would love to see it!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/14 3:25 pm - OH

If all you are having removed is truly skin, it will weigh very little.  If you still have fat attached, however, it will weigh much more (but will likely not look as nice, which is why reputable plastic surgeons strongly encourage people to be done losing weight and at a stable weight for a certain period of time).

I had a very large apron of skin on my lower belly that hung down onto the tops of my thighs, and it was only 6 pounds. 

If you are considering a thigh lift, please be sure to talk to the plastic surgeon about positioning of the incision (some scars are much more noticeable than others) and about the risk of the incision breaking down and becoming necrotic so you know what to expect if that happens.  The thighs are notorious for necrosis because the skin on the inner thighs is usually in such bad condition for people who have lost a lot of weight.

i had my tummy and arms done, but not my thighs (my tummy tuck incision turned necrotic, so even if I had the  only for additional plastic surgery, I am too chicken to have my thighs done... I'm not willing to risk having to go through what I did with my tummy but on my thighs). I wear swim shorts over my swimming suit.  It is annoying, but it keeps my thighs hidden.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 12 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views