Iron ?

Bubbles314
on 6/13/14 3:07 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey All, I bought Ferrous Gluconate (iron 27mg) before I saw the info on Carbonyl Iron.  Is this iron ok to use?  I bought it at Walgreens and asked the pharmacist about it and told him it was to take for Bariatric surgery and he didn't have a clue what was the best kind to take.

Any help would be kind, thanks

dale

poet_kelly
on 6/13/14 3:40 am - OH

It is OK to take.  It may  not be absorbed as well as carbonyl iron and may be more likely to cause constipation.  If it was me, I'd use it since you bought it, but next time I'd buy carbonyl.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ShebasMom
on 6/13/14 8:18 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Can you return it? Sometimes it's hard to find carbonyl iron locally. Sundowns make it, but I could only find the carbonyl iron at Food Lion. Feosol also makes a carbonyl iron, but you have to be careful, they also make ferrous sulfate.  I have found it at Walmart.  I usually order my carbonyl iron with vit C from VitaLady online.

Most Active
Recent Topics