4 yr anniversary RNY

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/12/14 11:06 am - Belleville, IL

Hi fellow Veterans and Newbies:

I love my RNY and would do it all over again. I went from nearly 300 lbs down to now about 105 lbs. (No regain) in fact I've had to work really hard to keep weight on. The RNY saved my life, but yes there have been complications. I had my Gallbladder removed (very common) severe liver disease, osteoporosis and severe malnutrition. (Yes, I do my vitamins, no the liver disease was not caused by RNY as far as my medical team know) my Osteoporosis has caused my to break several bones in falls, including a multi-fracture of the shoulder and dislocation of the joint.  Like many veterans I have Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) on occasion that has no rhyme or reason.... BUT, I'm just being honest, and still do not regret ANYTHING about my surgery,. Only wish I would have done it many years earlier....But we say all things happen for a reason!

Always take your vitamins, do your labs and get some exercise...No, I never had any plastics...That was gym work (free weights and hiking and horeseback riding).

NOW: 4 yrs post op: 5'3 105 lbs 50 yrs old.

PREOP:  300 lbs 5'4

Preop I was wheelchair bound, cancer survivor, had diabetes and 2 autoimmune disorders.  I am thankful for my RNY but you gotta make it WORK for you! It can be a livesaver, but is just a TOOL, not a miracle!

Warmly,

Ducky

Jenn S.
on 6/12/14 2:40 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Congrats to you! 4 years keeping the weight off is a wonderful accomplishment!

karenp8
on 6/12/14 10:16 pm - Brighton, IL

You have done amazing. Congratulations!

tdbull
on 6/13/14 3:44 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
WOW - what a huge transformation, in both physical looks and health. How wonderful for you, and that you are maintaining after 4 years. This is a big inspiration for me, because I am just now going into maintenance and worried about not seeing dips in the scale and trying to find other goals to reach. Wonderful job!! Congrats again!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

jackietex
on 6/13/14 1:31 pm
Great job! I understand about not having regrets. My diabetes is out of remission, I no longer absorb iron from food or supplements, and I had to have an incisional hernia repaired, and I would definitely do it again! I wish I had done it years earlier because I'm pretty sure my diabetes would have stayed in remission. I'm only 28 months out from RNY.

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

Momma2nicknmike
on 6/16/14 11:32 pm - Beavercreek, OH

Congratulations!!  You look awesome!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?