Protizyme Protein Powder

debramontoya
on 6/16/14 4:09 am
RNY on 10/28/13

Has anyone used this brand? Our local pharmacy has just started carrying it. I compared it to the jay Robb shakes I'm using now and like, lol.  I've tried a few nasty ones!!!  It's pretty comparable and the website says it's for pre and post bariatric patients.  I'm 8 1/2 months post op and LOVING life. I've lost 80 lbs and have had sooooo many NVS happen. This board is invaluable to me.  I don't post often but look everyday :-). 

Debra

siberiancat
on 6/17/14 5:56 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I looked at the website and it seems mostly formulated for weight builders and those wanting to build muscle.  Bariatric surgery was mentioned in only one statement.  I couldn't find out what it is sweetned with.  The label says no Aspertame, which I think is good, but is it sweetened with sugar alcohols, stevia ??

You can try it.  What is important is to use what works for you.  Talking about protein supplements is "iffy"!  What I liked before surgery, 1 week after surgery, 6 months post surgery and now at 5 years post RNY have changed!!

I use Bluebonnet whey isolate powder.   My integrative physician wants me to cut out all artificial CHEMICAL sweetners (Pink, blue, yellow packets).  Bluebonnet has stevia as the sweetner (a natural plant) and I like the taste - BUT you may not.

Sounds like you are doing well.  Best wishes, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views