What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Cunning_Pam
on 6/19/14 7:16 am
RNY on 12/18/13

To answer the question you posed Em, yes, I have that same issue. It's odd, but sometimes I'll have one bite of something and push the rest away, and other times I'll finish my weighed-out food and be looking around for more! I never tied the phenomenon to whether or not I'd waited too long to eat, though, so I'll have to see about that. But you're definitely not alone in that.

Good for you on the NSVs! A 2 mile walk sounds good? Way to go! It's amazing how much better your activity level has gotten, isn't it? I know I feel that way! I may not be up to walking two miles at a time yet, but I know I'll get there. And a list of errands and places to go used to make me groan, and now it's "Goody! Places to go, people to meet, things to see! Let's go!" I feel like a golden retriever getting in the car sometimes. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Finding_Feather
on 6/19/14 12:45 am

Anny, what an incredible loss! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!

My menu doesn't change all that much, but I still post it to stay accountable. I'm not sure what I'll grab for dinner since I'll barely get home in time to change then off to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat :)

B: 3oz boars head turkey, 1oz muenster

L: 3 chicken meatballs, 1/4 cup peas, carrots, green beans, 1tsp smart balance

D:??

W: ugh, I am averaging about 48-50 oz

V: on track

E: walking around Hollywood before the show

AnnyBananny
on 6/19/14 2:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Feather, I hear you - when I was early out I started lurking on this post, then I finally jumped in. I think in my first post I said something about how it seemed silly to post since my menu was always the same and so limited - but Pam or Em mentioned how it was a good tool for accountability and I should post away - man were they right!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 6/19/14 2:36 am - Brighton, IL

Em I experience the same thing even at about 22 months out. Some days I eat my one cup of food easily and other days I can't eat it all. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it either.

Dodgergirl27
on 6/19/14 4:26 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Anny, it's so great how strong, proud and confident you feel.  It's amazing what this surgery can give back to us.  I feel so much more outgoing and willing to try new things, b/c I'm not nearly as hung up on how I look.  I feel great and that's all that matters.  I hear you on the traveling and coming home to nothing in the fridge, that's the worst.  Em, the exact same thing happens to me.  Last night for instance I came home STARVING (first time I've felt that since surgery) and I went to eat a few pieces of chicken.  I think I ate them too fast b/c I ate two bites and got so sick (Foamies, dry heaves, you get the idea).  I couldn't understand it, b/c I had no food in my pouch.  Anny's theory about the longer you wait to eat, the smaller your pouch has some legit merit.  I never thought of that and will be filing that away as "something new I learned about my pouch today".  Thanks Anny.

I totally agree about summer.  I used to dread summer b/c I knew how hot and sweaty I"d be.  This is the first summer in forever where I'm looking forward to being outside.  I scheduled this 5 mile hike this weekend and it kind of blew my mind after the fact....last summer I NEVER would have even dreamed of scheduling a 1 mile hike, let alone 5, because I knew I'd be sweating buckets and look ridiculous.  I still think I'll be sweating like crazy, but I feel so good, I won't be self conscious about it the way I would have been last year.  

Time Since surgery: 4 months & 3 weeks

B - Greek yogurt, raspberries, walnuts

L - Premier Protein Shake

D - Premier Protein Shake

W - On track

E - None (although I'm going to try and get 150 squats in today, I'm so sore from Tues)

V - On track

Have a great day everyone!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/19/14 7:21 am, edited 6/19/14 7:21 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Anny, congratulations! I'm so proud of you, you're doing so well!! Look at you in cute short dresses, counting your steps, going to aerobics instead of the grocery store. You're amazing, woman!

Nothing much to report here, I'm afraid. Family drama again (anyone want to buy a slightly used mother-in-law? No, wait, I'll pay you to take her!) is really ridiculous this week. However, the husbeast and I have tickets to a concert tonight which I'm sure we'll both enjoy, so there's that.

Not posting my menu today, because it's ridiculous. Cottage cheese and a Quest bar so far, and I have no idea what I'm going to do for dinner. Water is good, supplements are on track, exercise is all messed up and will have to get done tomorrow. So yeah, it's a mess at the moment, but it's all good! I feel great, passed my six month surgiversary and have lost a total of 107 pounds, which while it isn't as much as some people, I'm thrilled about it! I'll be wearing a cute short dress and sandals tonight to the show, and I plan to rock it. Completely.

So, TLDR: all is good here, just crazy at the moment. It will calm down, though!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening, and I hope to "see" you all tomorrow!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/14 8:20 am

My day started out with me trying to work the Ninja to make a smoothie couldn't figure it out.I am a spazz when it comes to things like that.

So I got my hand blender out.Well we lost power.So I drank my smoothie with ice floating in it.

B:Shake

L:Refried beans with beef that I scraped off of nachos

D:Going out so I am hoping for a burger no bread but the burger with pickles

S:I had a rice cake with peanut butter.I didn't want to go to dinner starving.

Maybe one glass of wine while we wait for dinner

Over all it has been a good day.A sweater that I bought two years ago fits me.I am glad I tried it on.

Vitamins are in working on the water