Drinking while eating

misspeachpie
on 7/2/14 12:14 am - FL

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've visited you guys. Life has gotten so busy since I have so much energy. Just a little briefing. My highest weight was 357lbs my current weight is 215lbs my goal weight is 190lbs...I have a little ways to go to reach goal. My question is....Can I drink while eating now or should I still wait 30 mins to a hour? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Caroline K.
on 7/2/14 12:22 am

From what I understand, you're never supposed to go back to drinking while eating. It washes food out of the pouch, so reduces your feeling of fullness and lets you eat more.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

chulbert
on 7/2/14 12:23 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

This is 100% correct.

angeleigh
on 7/2/14 12:30 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0VM3mnsgM  Watch this video, he shows what happens when you drink while eating with RNY. It is a life long thing.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/14 1:06 am
RNY on 04/10/14

That is a terrific video!!!  Thanks for sharing!!

56sunShine14
on 7/2/14 1:20 am

That video is the best explanation ever!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Jules0225
on 7/2/14 2:48 pm

Thanks for posting this. There's a girl I know who vehemently argued with me over this saying that as long as she pre planned her meals every day that this was okay. I could see of she pre measured and planned and only ate the things she planned but I'm not about to test that theory. It's such second nature now I don't even think about it anymore. 

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/2/14 12:59 am

The ONLY time I drink while eating is when I try to put weight back on and just can't eat enough.  Or when I have ulcer and any amount of pressure in my pouch =extreme pain.. (with ulcer - I rather be hungry than in pain)

With dense protein meals - I drin****il it is time to eat - but after a meal - I wait typically 60 min.. if not longer..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 7/2/14 3:14 am - OH

If you want to feel full, you should not drink while eating.  It washes food out of your pouch so you get hungry faster.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenniPenny
on 7/2/14 5:31 am - MN

You will wait 30+ minutes after eating forever. For many of my friends who have had surgery and regained they all said it started with drinking with meals. I'll never do that as it hurts so much to put liquid in my pouch on top of food. Never drink with meals, wait 30-60 minutes after for best absorbtion of your nutrients.

Jen RNY 2001

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views