What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 11:36 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

BWB, I hear you! I've never been good at meal planning (which I'm sure is a huge part of why I ended up where I did). I've found that really the thing that works best for me is cooking one night or on the weekend and then freezing individual portions so I don't actually have to cook every night. I got a silicone muffin pan and use that to freeze my little portions and it's awesome!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 10:54 pm

I really enjoy cooking.I would like someone to have the groceries I need to make stuff and the recipes. I can't look at recipes without getting head hungry.So I usually wing it.

I think cooking is the one thing that makes me feel happy.I do enjoy someone else making the food so I don't have to think about it.

mimiof2wins
on 7/15/14 10:08 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Hey Anny,

Do you get the chike coffee online only or can you buy it in a store?

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 11:32 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Mimi, honestly I have no idea. I've only bought it on Amazon here so far. I haven't checked for it anywhere else!

Reinette
on 7/15/14 10:16 am - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

Did well with making sure I planned out my food for today but honestly... today sucked.  So sore from swimming yesterday and on top of that super light headed/dizzy.  Like woah dizzy.  

On top of that I'm out of popsicles and forgot to stop on the way home.  *Pout*

Time since surgery: 4 weeks 1 day

B - Sugar-free popsicle (can't eat/drink first thing in the morning without one...it seems to help my stomach)

B - Scrambled egg with onions and cheese (italian 5 cheese)

S - Cheese stick thingy

L - Lemon pepper tuna with miracle whip

S - Chobani vanilla 100 calorie

D - Morning Star Griller veggie pattie

S - Chobani Plain 0% Greek Yogurt with sugar free caramel syrup

Totals: 80 protein

V - Finished

W - Good amount of water today.  Delayed eating breakfast until I got to work so I got a good start before then.  Easily 80 ozs for today.

E - So sore from yesterday (my first day really exercising since surgery) that I'm not going to the gym.  As I type this at 8PM I walked ~1.5 miles today and climbed 5 flights of stairs.

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

AnnyBananny
on 7/15/14 11:35 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Sorry it was a rough day :-( Sorry to be mom-ish, but have you been cleared for real exercise?! I wasn't allowed to do more than wal****il 6 weeks and they were iffy about letting me in the pool at that point even. Be careful!

And I hear you on the SF popsicles - I'm basically addicted. I ran out over the weekend and didn't get to the store until today and it made me grumpy!

Reinette
on 7/15/14 12:07 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

Welllll... I'm not sure.  But I regret doing it!  The only limitation she said was no lifting anything over 15 lbs and no baths until the incisions healed.  I do know that I will be sticking to just walking for a while.  I actually took a pain pill tonight.  I haven't had any since 2 days after surgery.

Silly silly me.

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4