Post op diet, clear liquids. UGH!

xsadiehawkinsx
on 9/12/14 10:16 pm - houston, TX

Hey everyone. So im on day 6 of my post op. I'm healing really well. I'm trying to eat only when my stomach feels hungry and thats hardly ever. I've only had about 2 small containers of strawberry jello a day. I was having chicken broth and i ended up immediately dumping because we didnt realize it had sugar in the second ingredient, poor mom tryin to help me out. So then i tried regular broth and it tasted like straight up chicken fat, UGH! i wanted to vomit. To be honest, im not very hungry at all. So im okay, but i also really cant stand artificial flavored products. The jello is the only thing i can stand, I dont like crystal light, i dont like diet ocean spray cranberry juice, i dont like sugarfree popsicles. the aspertame is insane in all of these products, i feel like im better off just drinking water. The only thing about that though is every morning i wake up with a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. it feels as if i have heartburn but in the wrong place. so i walk, i walk, and i walk. Nothing but lortab seems to help. I'm wondering if thats connected? Any suggestions? I only have one more day of clear liquids then i am on to full, but i have a feeling these two days are going to be very very long.

Ticker id: FkWM

Ticker id: FkWM

dccyr
on 9/13/14 1:32 am

It doesn't sound like you are getting in any protein at all.  Are you sipping protein drinks?  that is soooo important.  we don't really feel hunger for a while that is why you can't go by what you used to feel.  again, protein and water is what your body needs.  Please sip water and protein as much as you can.

dccyr
on 9/13/14 1:33 am

Sorry, I missed the part you wrote that you are on clear liquids.  There are some syntrax clear protein drinks.  

NYMom222
on 9/13/14 4:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am with you on hating the artificial sweetners. It's an acquired taste I do not have and the idea of eating it kind of irks me if we are supposed to be eating healthy. I guess I've decided it's a necessary evil at this point. esp with the protein powders. I try to make herbal ice tea to drink. I do use plain protein powders to mix in foods now. Off Amazon I've bought Genepro and Bulksupplements.com, both are good. I like genepro because you can use a smaller quantity only 1 TBSP= 30g protein. I couldn't stomach the jello but the SF popsicles worked for me, everyone is different. Unjury.com sells a protein powder chicken broth a lot of people seem to like. I've never had it. There's a youtube channel for a bariatric doctor I heard about on these boards called Dr. Matthew Weiner.. I've been watching them, he's a believer in getting off the artificial sweetners as soon as possible after surgery, I like him already :) Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4qN8k1ix0DoCLM6VhDvz8w

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save