Lab results

cspotrun
on 9/24/14 1:15 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I just received my 3 month labs and the only thing that concerns me is my vitamin D2, which was

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 2:58 am - OH

What's important, IMO, is the Total vitamin D level, not the D2 or D3.  What was your level?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 9/24/14 3:44 am, edited 9/24/14 3:45 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I don't know why it cut off the rest of my post!  I originally wrote that my D2 was less than 4 and my D3 was 31.

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 3:45 am - OH

Hmm.  It's still cutting it off.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 9/24/14 3:46 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I think it's the symbol for less than.  It cut off after that each time.  So I wrote it out LOL.  But on the lab results it has the less than symbol and 4.

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 3:47 am - OH

So the total is 35.  It's the total that is important, as I understand it.  But 35 is still low for vitamin D, according to many sources.  What's the reference range on your lab report?

cspotrun
on 9/24/14 3:51 am
RNY on 07/01/14

It's weird because it gave a reference range for almost everything except vitamin D, so that's why I was a bit confused.  

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 3:53 am - OH

OK. Does it list the results as nmol/L or ng/mL?

cspotrun
on 9/24/14 5:42 am, edited 9/24/14 5:43 am
RNY on 07/01/14
  • VITAMIN D, 25 OH, D2
  • less than 4 ng/mL

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 9/24/14 5:52 am - OH

Your level is OK, then.  Within the "healthy" range according to the Linus Pauling Institute.  Again, it's the Total vitamin D level that needs to be in range.  There is no way that I know of to increase just D2 or just D3.  The range on your lab report should be given for the Total D level, not a range for D2 and another for D3.

Most Active
Recent Topics