What should I pack for hospital stay?

selhard
on 9/30/14 6:15 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Sorry, but my suggestion is to leave the phone home pre-arranging to let loved-ones know you want peace/quiet the first few days to adjust and heal.  I'd highly discourage visitors unless you thrive on company.  Your time at the hospital is better spent getting valuable advice from staff, walking, sipping, and sleeping.  I preferred and desperately needed quiet; it's tough at first.

HFA70
on 9/30/14 6:13 am

I took a robe, flip flops, comfy clothes, book (didn't read it, slept pretty much the whole time) kleenex wipes, deodorant, lip balm, cell phone, charger, ear plugs.

Alibye
on 9/30/14 6:32 am

I was glad I had my own tooth brush, paste, hair brush and bands.  I also enjoyed having hand cream.

Alibye
on 9/30/14 6:32 am

I was glad I had my own tooth brush, paste, hair brush and bands.  I also enjoyed having hand cream.

Bubbles314
on 9/30/14 7:20 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm having surgery on Monday too.    Good luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery

ssegura72
on 9/30/14 7:26 am

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. And a BIG thank you for all the well wishes 

ssegura72
on 9/30/14 7:29 am
NinaCanDOit
on 9/30/14 8:24 am
RNY on 06/27/14

I packed the essentials for any three day getway - reading material/ipad/phone chargers, fave toiletries -lip balm (best stuff in the world), face wash(amazing and kept me from feeling gross), tooth brush/paste and qtips) and loose fitting jersey dress/pants for the ride home (I went with dress b/c I couldn't wear anything around my waist right after).  I packed it all in my regular big carry-on bag and had everything in mesh, see through bags so if I needed something I could ask a family member or nurse to get it for me and it was easily visible. 

Also, depending on hair length you may want clips, barrettes or elastics to keep your hair out of your face.  Good luck!

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Another Fatone
on 9/30/14 9:34 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I was in the hospital 2 nights. I really did not need pain drugs but they gave me a lot. I could not read. I slept a lot. Take water for you ride home.  You'll do fine.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Kirstin S.
on 9/30/14 10:51 am - CT

I literally used nothing that I brought, not even my chapstick. I wore the clothes home that I wore to the hospital and made sure that I wore a tank with a shelf bra because I knew a bra on the ride home would hurt.  If I could go back in time, I would only bring my insurance card and id. Good luck to you!

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14